The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Brainstorming :)

Have sent you a PM...lovely jewellery xx

Thank you all!:)
I'll let you know how it all goes and what kind of response I get, fingers crossed it'll be positive!
@Tinytom I'm just about to pm you x

I had the summer fair yesterday! The post cards were really well received by everyone and lots of positive comments on raising awareness, really chuffed. I must of handed out nearly 100 of them over the day and chatted to a fair few people too(not always my thing, but I was on a mission!:D) I even gave some to our local mayor and chatted with her, but to be fair she was someone I already knew and chatted to in the past when our paths had crossed whilst dog walking...before being mayor. Even so, she is a dog person with influence now, so who knows!! There are others, it seems, who desperately want to raise awareness of this subject too, so I may well have started something with my little mindful postcard eh, fingers crossed!:cool:
I sold a few pieces of my jewellery and also raised some money for the small animal unit with my tombola.
So all in all, a pretty successful day!
Many thanks to you all again for your input and help, it really was appreciated!:)

Really delighted for you - may your work go from strength to strength.

Thank you! I've already been asked to send the PDF of my postcard to a fellow lovely dog walker, so fingers crossed. I've also said happy for her to share with as many others as possible:D

Thought I'd do a little progress report! The postcard has been shared around and I'm still plugging it here and there whenever I get the opportunity. I have amazingly noticed quite a big shift in people, in the woods where I walk one of my anxious dogs on lead. (A while back I did also pin the card to the parking notice board where it would be seen, in this particular carpark.)
Today I was walking her and three different walkers, at different times, were approaching with their dogs off lead and every single one noticed my dog stop and stare, they all popped their dogs back on lead just while they passed us and off we went again, me still with a calm, happy dog that hadn't received unwanted attention! This has been happening more and more consistently in these woods which is wonderful:)
Just a moments observation and thought from others does make such a huge difference to a worried dog and I've also really enjoyed being able to say thank you so much to people, instead of having ask them to call their dogs back!

Could be coincidence of course, but a positive shift is still a positive shift eh!:D

It's so lovely when things go right, isn't it? It made my day if someone responded appropriately, whether it was putting their dog on lead when they saw me do the same with Jasper, or even if I just heard them praise their dog for recall - you can tell when they have that positive connection with their dog.

Well done for showing other people 'the way':)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back