The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

I was here first. What’s George planning?

RGC

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
George is attempting a stealth takeover.

65D6788C-C8A3-4C3A-A31E-D501ECBE61CC.jpeg

I sat with them until George wandered off to sit with the Gauleiter.
An hour ago I decided to give Mabel’s claws a trim. She doesn’t like it but she will tolerate my doing it. During her time in her previous two homes her nails were neglected and, as a result, the quicks are somewhat extended. Therefore the nails need more regular attention than would be usual so that she can walk sans discomfort. Unfortunately I managed to catch a quick. She leapt back and, although she didn’t squeal, there was a fair amount of blood. Had to borrow corn flour from a neighbour. She’s now in the back porch feeling very sorry for herself but very forgiving of me.
F5CBAD61-E6BD-4839-AD78-7AB5ABFCDBA7.jpeg

We’ve put her right front paw in a sock. Will take it off when the nail has stopped bleeding. I was amazed at the amount of blood from such a tiny wound. Her original owners have got a lot to answer for. Sorry, I hate ending sentences with a preposition.

Sorry, I hate ending sentences with a preposition.

That is the sort of pedantry up with which I will not put:D

If I'd ever cut one of Jasper's quicks, chances are that not all the resulting blood would have been his...:confused:

Try doing just one nail at a time, followed by the little reward I am sure you are giving her. It's building blocks for the future.

Reactions: RGC
The daily stare across the breakfast table.
CE28FC27-C475-48A3-AA42-FC6AB81FFC6D.jpeg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back