The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Vinny

Just think how much fun he'd have if he had another pointy dog to play with... You might not end up with much lawn left though:D

JudyN!!!!

To paraphrase a well-known saying:

One hound is a hound - two hounds is half a hound - and three hounds is no hound at all! (and probably no garden either). And I hold my hand up to say at one point I had six dogs, all lurchers or terriers.

Enjoy the fun, Montysdad.

Spent most of yesterday filling holes in, he spent most of the day making new ones,got
to love him though

JudyN!!!!

To paraphrase a well-known saying:

One hound is a hound - two hounds is half a hound - and three hounds is no hound at all! (and probably no garden either). And I hold my hand up to say at one point I had six dogs, all lurchers or terriers.

I know, but... I do often see lurchers on very knowledgeable rescue sites that they would rather go to a home with another pointy dog, as they can gain confidence from the other dog. Of course, these are dogs with less than ideal backgrounds who are lacking confidence to start off with, and the rescues (the ones I follow, anyway) will want to make sure the dogs are fully compatible.

I did consider getting a friend for him but hes quite happy doing his own thing at home,
he is a bit confused about other dogs, doesnt know whether to lunge at them or try
and get them to play with them,would help if he could come off lead now and then,
the two times I have tried it he has shot off but came back in his own time, still
a work in progress.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back