The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

1 year old newfie with sore ears

Rocketdog

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hello, I'm wondering if anyone has any help or advice or has experienced similar I have a one year old giant bundle of fluffy Newfoundland who is fab but we are having a chronic problem with her right ear. Back in February she started scratching her ear and shaking her head so I took her to the vets and they said her ears were quite sore and prescribed Canaural. I gave her the drops and then all was fine but about 1 months ago it came back and again I took her to the vet and they again prescribed Canaural and some ear cleaning stuff but for whatever reason it hasn't worked, they also took a swab of the ear but found nothing that interesting. My mum was looking after her while we went away 2 weeks ago and she took Rocket (the dog) to her vet and the vet prescribed some steroid pills for the inflammation and Surolan drops but it doesn't seem to have improved. I will of course take her back to the vet but i'm not sure what else we can do, do you think antibiotics pills would help? Has anyone experienced anything similar. It's so frustrating and obviously sore for her. I don't think the warm weather is helping either.

Thank you in advance Suzie and Rocket (woof)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back