The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

15 Month Old Whippet For Sale

freefaller

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi

I have a 15 month old whippet for sale. (Genuine reasons) He is very good with children and other dogs and is house trained. He sleeps in a crate which you can also have.

He is a KC registered pedigree fully innoculated and wormed. Full breeding details available in paper form.

Please P.M. me if your interested and for further details and price.

Regards

Jim

he sounds very nice,but why are you letting him go??especially when you have been enquiring about the dog pup that is left in the litter,that i,ve put on here,sorry if sounds like i,m been harsh :- "

daledogs said:
he sounds very nice,but why are you letting him go??especially when you have been enquiring about the dog pup that is left in the litter,that i,ve put on here,sorry if sounds like i,m been harsh :- "
Im selling him for someone else. Who wants a min of £ 200 for him I didn't want to be spending that much. Or was looking for adopting.

But thanks for possibly putting folks off and maybe slowing his chances...

freefaller said:
daledogs said:
Im selling him for someone else. Who wants a min of £ 200 for him I didn't want to be spending that much. Or was looking for adopting.

Not doing a bad job of that yourself! :eek:

freefaller said:
daledogs said:

With respect, you are quite a new member and this community is very keen on promoting the welfare of whippets. I don't think Dawn's remark has done any damage at all, if any-thing this dog stands more of a chance of finding a loving home BECAUSE of what she has said. Members here have been hugely generous in donating money and goods for acution to the rescue fund initiated by a few board members SOLELY for the purpose of giving whippets a chance of a better life, promoting welfare, or assisting in find missing dogs.

Now I personally think £200 is a lot of money for a dog of that age, but if any of us thought for one moment the dog was unhappy or in danger, I bet the cash would instantaniously be released and the dog rehomed or fostered.

Perhaps you should apologise to Dawn for jumping to comclusions? Also, you might want to get your mate to do his own dirty work and sell his own dog instead of involving you, or are you on commision?

Last edited by a moderator:
No-one on here would be put off a whippet only it's owner :thumbsup:

freefaller said:
daledogs said:

Just a thought - Has the dog's owner contacted the breeder first? Responsible breeders usually like to know what happens to any puppies they breed and will normally take the dog back themselves. :)

If this forum was called Sell your Dog .com and you advertised then maybe you could grumble about people asking questions but it isn't so don't be surprised if you are questioned about dogs advertised for sale. Dawn asked a perfectly responsible question and one that anyone thinking of giving him a home might ask.

Jenny

some times lifes circumstances mean that you have to let go of something or someone that you love, if you have never been in that position count yourself very lucky. to rehome your dog is a very difficult decision to make.

however to sell your dog and ask for alot of money even in these circumstances seams a little uncaring on the part of the owner. i would never ask for money for my friend. after working quite a few years in rescue believe me that money does not guarentee a good home.

~Sarah~ said:
freefaller said:
daledogs said:

Just a thought - Has the dog's owner contacted the breeder first? Responsible breeders usually like to know what happens to any puppies they breed and will normally take the dog back themselves. :)

YES they do!! Let's hope that the breeder has been informed as I KNOW what it is like to have a dog that I bred be rehomed WITHOUT me knowing where it went......and it is'nt nice!!! :(

nicky12 said:
this whippy is no longer for sale  :- "
well done Nicky for taking on this lovely boy :thumbsup: :wub: he is now in a place were he will get all the love,attention and care he deserves

I have a piccy of this boy, I was going to drive to meet Freefaller for him if he couldnt find another home for him. He looks lovely, I can put the piccy up if his new owner dosnt mind? People obv want to see him.....

:cheers:

GemmaT said:
I have  a piccy of this boy, I was going to drive to meet Freefaller for him if he couldnt find another home for him. He looks lovely, I can put the piccy up if his new owner dosnt mind?  People obv want to see him.....
:cheers:

yes go ahead i dont mind :thumbsup: thers also sum piccys on general discusion :- "

Agghhhh I cant! Keep getting a message about total filespace of attached files being too big......but its only one piccy. I dont understand!

Anyone of a computer mind able to help :rant:

Gemma :clown:

Ive had a look at your other piccys Nickey, he looks really nice. :D I would def have been prepared to give him a good home too, he is so stripey I couldnt resist!

I hope he settles in well with you.

Gemma and Pimms :huggles:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back