The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

15 week old labradoodle puppy digestion/dietary problems

raychscott

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have recently adopted my very first puppy. I have had him around a month and he is now 15 weeks old. Out of the month that I have had him his poo has only been solid for about a week of that time and that was when I had been feeding him only boiled chicken and rice. I switch him over to a no grain food but be still gets diarrhoea. In addition to his diarrhoea, he seems to be panting a lot more than usual the past two days when he is just laying around, he seems to be drinking a lot more and he's gotten sick in the middle of the night where nothing but bile comes up. And I know it might sound strange but I think his pee is cloudy. Being how I've never had a puppy before I am worried I need to be doing more. I've had fecal tests done and they came up clear.

I'm going back to the vet in two days to have her look him over again. I was just hoping to see if anyone else has had these kind of problems. Breeder suggested changing diet so I plan on trying a new food. Also any suggestions to help my poor boy would be so appreciated. He spend an insane amount of time out in the garden with his upset tummy.

Sorry to hear your puppy is not doing too well, I would take him back to the vets sooner if you can. I also would not change his food again as it can take 6-8 weeks for the dogs stomach to settle with a new food so that could be the cause of the upset, Hope vet gets to the bottom of this soon so you can start enjoying your new puppy :luck:

Poor puppy and worrying for you too as he is so young. If he were an older dog with a similar problem I would have done the same as you boiled rice and chicken. This is nice and bland and should not upset his already troubled system. I would ask the breeder you got him from if any other pups in the same litter have a similar problem. You and your Vet may need to be detectives to get the answer to the problem. I would not second guess your Veterinary professional as they have access to tests which may be all the help you need. With such a young dog it could just be something that will settle when you have had him on a bland diet for a period of time lets hope so.

In an older dog I would have looked at what he had access to eat during the day that you did not give him/her, they love to stick their nose in the garden and chew on all sorts of unmentionable things, also swallowing something that may have caused a blockage can give similar symptoms to what you have.

Stick with the Vet and lets hope it is something they get sorted out sooner rather than later as this must be distressing for the puppy and you. Please let us know the outcome.

Mike

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back