The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

16 month cockapoo issues

Tracey29

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi, this is my first request for help (and my first post that isn't my introduction)

I've got a 16 month old cockapoo, she's really intelligent and picks things up quickly, she's also very strong willed.

I know they're a nutty breed - I love her to bits and we have lots of adventures together. We have issues though:

If we saw another dog in a field she'd run from me straight over to them and forget all about me because she was playing - that's fine until she finds a dog that's sensitive or unfriendly in which case I'll have an injured dog (her) and / or a very upset owner.

I thought I'd stopped it and we were doing really well, until we were on a walk and came across some owners moving their 40 year old horse. Bella's favourite game is chase and she was trying to play it with the horse, luckily the owners were fine and the horse wasn't bothered - it ended up with me trying to get her to come to me (which I'm sure she would have done) and the horse's owners and my partner all calling her and her thinking we were all chasing her so she had us playing her game too. I kept telling them to stop and let me get her my way but they didn't. Then she went into the next field (we'd never done this walk before, we were following it from an app), in that field were about 10 black sheep and Bella, in her excitable state, was even more in her element with these extra friends to play chase with. Absolute chaos for about 15 minutes - just like the famous 'Fenton' YouTube video. We somehow managed to get her back, I think by someone managing to grab her. Unfortunately I now have problems getting her to come on a normal walk and she's started running to other dogs again - not great.

Does anyone have any ideas please?

Thanks in advance

Replied / crossposted on your other thread :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back