The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

1st Open

Vicky

Maid Your Point
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
[SIZE=14pt]Astley & Tyldesley Miners Welfare WRC[/SIZE]

Presents our first open

[SIZE=14pt]The George Hartley Memorial ”[/SIZE]

For Top Ten Points

On Sunday 20th July 2003

(in conjunction with A & T Miners Lurcher & Terrier Show on 19th July)

Main Handicap

150yds at ½yd/lb Dogs & Bitches separate in classes of:

Up to 19lb, 20 - 23lb, 24 - 27lb, 28 - 31lb, 32 - 35lb, run to a 5 dog final.

Dog & Bitch final winners to receive “George Hartley Memorial Trophies” (Kindly sponsored by Astley & Tyldesley Miners Welfare Club) & Presentation Jackets, ear tattoo by National Tattoo Register plus whippet products kindly donated by “Premarket Greyhound & whippet products"

All weight class winners to receive prize money, trophy & framed certificate.

Pups

Up to 25lb / Up to 35lb Proof of age req - 8 to 12 months

Supreme Puppy to receive the "Steven Foy Memorial Trophy" & Presentation Jacket

(kindly sponsored by Dorothy & Graham Cooper)

Yearlings

Up to 25lb / Up to 35lb Proof of age req - 12 to 18 months

Supreme Yearling to receive the "Gin Pit Yearling Trophy" & Presentation Jacket

Veterans Up to 25lb / Up to 35lb Proof of age req, ½ yd/yr

Supreme Veteran to receive the "Nch Maralyn Trophy" & Presentation Jacket

(sponsored by Vicky Harper)

40lb & No Limit Scratch

Run off to Supreme for the "The Keith D.H.Garnham Trophy" & presentation jacket

(Kindly Sponsored by Brian Garnham)

Consolation racing

for all losers - no charge

Up to 25lb / Up to 35lb all in, racing for "The Soapy Joe Trophy"

(Kindly Sponsored by Michelle Holt & Tony Taylor)

Pedigree Whippet Racing

All dogs timed in 11am - 12pm

No passports, no height/weight restrictions, racing for "The Ceilidh Trophy"

(Kindly Sponsored by Angela Bayley)

¼lb allowance, 1 weigh on electronic scales

All entries £3.00

Weigh in 12pm, Start 1pm.

Children’s dog show after weigh in.

Camping

Whippet Stall

Pet Stall

Greyhound Rescue

National Tattoo Register

Burger Van

Kids rides

Bouncy Castle

Toilets

Pub etc

Caravans & Tents on field from Friday 18th - At no cost!!

Any enquiries to:

Vicky on 01942-200336 e-mail. vickyharper@lycos.co.uk or

Michelle 01942-895928 e-mail. whippet.world@blueyonder.co.uk

Track easily accessible from M6 jct 23 & M62 jct 13

Event will be sign posted on all major roads in the area.

A map of the area can be viewed at Gin Pit Village / A & T Track

Last edited by a moderator:
great format, at last an open that gives more than three dogs a chance, should end up with a five dog run of, now that would be soecial. see you there. :D

I have just had confirmation back from Premarket (Trainers Choice-the new rubbing linament) who are looking forward to coming down to the open, they are going to donate over £100 worth of their products & also hold a stall over the weekend!! A good start !!

I think a lot of opens are lacking stalls which sell whippet/greyhound products to the racers.

Yesterday i recieved another 2 weight class sponsors, lets hope they keep on coming in.

The chap from Premarket today also OFFERED to sponsor the IRG open which will be held in September (why are there not more people like this?).

Another weight class sponsor & a bottle of champagne donated (will this make it past the night before - i doubt it)?

Thanks to Michelle who has been hounding her suppliers!! Keep em coming people :D

Whoops how could i forget to mention Shiralee off this board who tattoo's for the National Dog Tattoo Register & has very kindly offered ear tattoo's for the Dog & Bitch overall's. Also the National Dog Tattoo Register will be having a stand over the weekend of the show & racing so that people can have their dogs tattoo'd on the day!

There are lots of people like that Vicky, but we need someone like you with your friendly persuasion???

This open looks like it will be one of the best, will look forward to going to it... :p ???

The local paper have just taken a report off me to go into Wednesday nights copy of the Leigh Reporter and are coming down tomorrow night (13/5/03) to take pictures of our whippets, so if as many local racers as possible could get there with as many of their whippies as possible for 6.30 that would be great & everyone can get snapped!!! Racing will still take place on Wednesday as normal. This should drum up a bit of interest in the area & hopefully for the club & sport.

I have also entered the name on the advert of the trophy which Brian is sponsoring "The Keith DH Garnham Trophy" in memory of his late father.

A little bit more info on the open :

The Miners Welfare Club has very kindly offered to pay for a new lure ready for the open also there is a big amount of money just coming through from the local community chest (some BIG prisemoney could be on offer at this open).

Also i believe another group sponsor has been offered by J White's Carpets.

Another sponsor & big thanks to Angela Bayley who has offered to sponsor the pedigree racing at the open!! All groups are now covered with sponsorship - thanks once again to everyone who has helped out!

Also to the ever supportive Miners Welfare Club who are sponsoring the Supreme Dog & Bitch winners & overall yearling.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back