The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

2 Men Arested Suspected Of Hare Coursing

foxy

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
2 men were held by police for two days suspected of hare coursing

the two men arested on saturday morning held till monday afternoon

the dog the men had a 6 month old lurcher pup was placed in police kenels

the two men were in fact looking to give the pup a chase at a rabbit

at court the men were given a p.f release no charge to answer to

no rabbits or hares had been chased or killed

on return to police station to colect the dog it was up to its knees in s**t

and looked as it had not been fed for two days :rant:

i think the r.s.p.c.a should be called and the police should be charged with neglect

the antis say its all about animal welfair who was looking after this pups welfair

:rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant:

Unfortunately Police kennels are not the best. At least in The Thames Valley area the dogs get a blanket and are fed and watered. I even saw some toys in one kennel the other day. Police dont actually like to take dogs in unless they can help it and will try to hand them over to the wardens as soon as possible.

hi foxy, i got arrested about 10 years ago for coursing hares in a nature reserve. on our arrest we had 2 dogs a saluki and a large bull terrier cross, we asked the police not to kennel the dogs together at the police station as they would fight. when we were released we were taken to collect our dogs and low and behold they had been put together,on opening the kennel the saluki had been well bitten by the other dog and was very fearfull for a long time afterwards.

Your poor dogs I agree you should get the RSPCA to look into this its disscusting :rant: :rant: .The police are quick to arrest you for hare coursing, but when my teenage daughter recieved a threat to petrol bomb us for an argument on msn we saved and printed this gave it to the police and they still said they could not act on this as anyone could of used this boys msn.

It is shocking :rant:

Have heard similar horror stories when dogs are held pending court action (bad enough when its this unsatisfactory situation of being held by police for a short time, but sometimes in more drawn out cases the wheabouts and conditions dogs are kept in is not for the legal owner to be privvy to)-something needs to be done by those quick enough to make laws to alledgedly protect animal welfare :blink: , and guess the only way that could ever happen is for those of us concerned enough to push for legislation, and we should all be concerned as any of us could potentially find ourselves subject to proving innocence if out with dogs regardless of motivation/actions :unsure:

i must make it clear it was not me who was arested but an acquaintance of mine.

I read recently somewhere about a man's dog dying in a car.

The owner had been arrested, can't remember the details now but this guy pleaded with the police to make sure his dog was ok in his car. He was told the dog was fine, yet the dog had died in the car from the heat. Think it was maybe Greece, that would be right as they do not give a damn about dogs anyhow.

Can anyone else remember reading this story a few weeks back.

mazza said:
I read recently somewhere about a man's dog dying in a car.The owner had been arrested, can't remember the details now but this guy pleaded with the police to make sure his dog was ok in his car. He was told the dog was fine, yet the dog had died in the car from the heat. Think it was maybe Greece, that would be right as they do not give a damn about dogs anyhow.

Can anyone else remember reading this story a few weeks back.

I heard about this a few weeks ago, I didn't read it myself but someone told me about it, they said it was in Spain but I don't know for sure. Hope it's not true but if it is it's just too awful to think about :rant: :rant:

J.T. said:
I heard about this a few weeks ago, I didn't read it myself but someone told me about it, they said it was in Spain but I don't know for sure. Hope it's not true but if it is it's just too awful to think about :rant: :rant:

Yes it probably was Spain, got mixed as they are both dog loving countries.

Not!

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back