The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

2007 Season

Vicky

Maid Your Point
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Midweek racing to start back Wednesday 4th April 6.30pm start (don't forgot to get there a bit early if poss to help set up).

Will start by getting all the dogs timed in and take it from there as to how much daylight is left for any racing.

See you all there :cheers:

brill we can start schooling ninny and giving Ruby a run :thumbsup:

Can lurchers come too please :b

Oh good, thanks. I won't tell Hebe just yet tho as she will only get overexcited :- "

Get your earplugs ready (w00t) she does tend to be a bit vocal.

We'll be going down to the track this Saturday 31/3/07 to mark it up ready for Wednesday nights racing. We'll also be having some trials if anyone wants to come down.

Will be there from 1pm :thumbsup:

Bump

Ideal opportunity to get a few straight races into your dogs before the Swallownest Classic :thumbsup:

Racing today from 1pm - see you there :thumbsup:

Racing this Wednesday 4th April from 6.30pm

See you there :thumbsup:

I've got a dilemma....my 72 year old mum has been in Guernsey at my uncles funeral :( & is due back tonight. Now... do I go & pick her up at Mcr airport at 6.30 OR.... do I come racing?????

I suppose there is no choice really......see you later (w00t) :- "

Not really :( Is it on every Wednesday now? See you next week hopefully :)

Have fun.

Julie.

4th April 2007

A nice night to start back, lovely sunny evening getting a bit nippy as it went on but all the dogs enjoyed themselves (Even Ella prised herself from under the duvet to come for a 50yder) and we all had a few drinks in the bar afterwards. :cheers:

All dogs timed in, time's were a few yards down on what they usually are but that could be one of a few factors - track markings, slow going or the fact they've all not seen a straight track for a while.

Craigs pup Bob (Wor John x Time to Fly) looked VERY good in his first pass with another dog, and then again with 3 other dogs going up in 9.00 and then again 9.20.

In order of times:

Mebs Rosie 8.59 (sc)

Avit 8.62 (sc)

Red Ranger 8.68 (35lb)

Maizee Mu 8.76 (25lb)

Maid your Point 8.77 (29lb)

All over Now 8.86 (36lb)

Smooby 8.86 (35lb)

Gingerbred 8.90 (36lb)

I'll be Back 8.93 (29lb)

Mo Chara 8.98 (18lb)

Bob 9.00 (30lb)

Totty Maud 9.07 (25lb)

Maid u Luck 9.15 (29lb)

After the trialling George gave his pup Fudge (Red Ranger x Moonpie) a short handslip and then we did some scratch races as follows:

Mebs Rosie - just got up on the line from Avit 8.68

Avit

Red Ranger

Smooby

All Over Now - 8.82 from Ginger bred in 2nd

Gingerbred

Maizee Mu

Maid your Point - 8.70 from Maizee Mu in 2nd

I'll be Back

Totty Maud

Mo Chara - after she decided what side she wanted to be on Cus got up to win 9.01

Trial

Bob sc

Woah Nelly 3

Heebie Jeebies 5

Riley Finn 5

See you all next week folks and best of luck to our club dogs for the weekend at Swallownest. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sorry we missed a good night will be there with ruby and ninny next week

What distance do you run the scratch Vicky?

Sounds like you all had fun, can't wait for Manton to start back on the 10th April Tuesday evenings my lot could do with a reminder of what a straight track looks like :- " .

11th April 2007

Scratch ht 1

Mebs Rosie

Avit

Pennysworth

The lure snapped half way up on this race so it was decided that all 3 go through to the final to save an extra run.

Ht 2

Gingerbred

Smooby

All Over Now

King Bear

Winner All Over Now 8.67

Handicap ht 1

Maid Your Point Sc

Maizee Mu Sc

I'll be back 2 1/2

Rapscallion 3 1/2

Winner Mai zee mu 8.68

ht 2

Little Doll Sc

Mo Chara Sc

Must be Magic Sc

Totty Maud 1 1/2

Winner Totty Maud 8.95

Scratch Final

Mebs Rosie

Avit

Pennysworth

All Over Now

Winner Pennysworth from Jacqui's Avit 8.40

Handicap Final

Mai zee mu Sc

Totty Maud 5

Winner Maizee Mu

Scratch Consolation

Smooby

Gingerbred

King Bear

Winner King Bear 8.68

Handicap Consolation ht 1

Rapscallion Sc

I'll be back Sc

Winner I'll be back 8.81

ht 2

Maid Your Point Sc

Little Doll 3 1/2

Winner Maid your Point 8.62

ht 3

Must be Magic Sc

Mo Chara Sc

Winner Mo Chara 8.86

Nice to see Julie with Hebe and co, also Linda and her big lad Sonny (Streisand x K Sera) having a little trial, as did Tony's Bobby (Red Ranger x Moonpie) he looks to be going very well as did Geoff & Hazels pair.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hebe had a great time,we got home about 9ish but she never really calmed down till about 10.30 (w00t) I'm sure it cant be good for her heart (w00t) Her eyes were totally black, the pupils sooooo dilated, she was in another world (w00t)

Thanks, we'll see you soon, when she's had a few weeks to calm down :clown:

18th April 2007

Quite a few different faces this week, unfortunately some of the regulars were injured / laid off though so we were down on numbers (and still managed to run out of light lol)

Carol and Barry had trials with their gang and baby Hector had a go going very well as did Dave & Diane's Tilly. Bruce & Di's Angel went up well along with Linda's Tarkow (Streisand x K Sera) being slipped through the traps for the first time, taking everything in his stride. George's Fudge (Red Ranger x Moonpie) had a little handslip as did litter sister Tony's (i'll take a guess at) Evie?. Wendy & Tony's Ninny also enjoyed her first go and a time trial for their new addition Ruby (Hellish).

Only 2 heats of the racing.

R) I'll be back

B) Little Doll

W) Must be magic

This was a toss up between red & white for who wanted to be over the right handside and poor Tilly was sandwiched between the pair, with the race going to Keith's Must be Magic 8.93

R) Avit

B) All over now

W) Gingerbred

BK) Red Ranger

Jacqui's Avit had his trapping back to normal and trapped out well to take the race in 8.48.

Hopefully see you all next week for the dash. :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back