The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

2008 Season

Vicky

Maid Your Point
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Wednesday night racing will start back 9th April 6.30pm, all dogs timed in.

Any enquiries 07879 495444

Not long now folks. This weather is going to have to let up though :rant:

Will let Billy's ( :wub: ) owners know - I'm sure they're keen to get him ready for the lurcher racing :cheers: .

Fleesh said:
Will let Billy's ( :wub: ) owners know - I'm sure they're keen to get him ready for the lurcher racing  :cheers: .
Sure another new member will be made most welcome - always nice to see new faces at the club :thumbsup:

Trials Saturday 5th April and marking the track up if anyone wants to trial / help from 1pm onwards.

Track marked up & a few trials - thanks guys :thumbsup:

A few pic's

Ella2.jpg

Ella3.jpg

Genie.jpg

Livy.jpg

Pip.jpg

Pip1.jpg

Pip2.jpg

PipLivy.jpg

PipLivy1.jpg

RubyLiv.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to let everyone know we will be doing the usual 25yd dash this Wednesday, anyone still wanting a full run up can do so after the dash is done.

we aim to do 3 splits: up to 25lb, up to 35lb,& no limit :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
Lots of piks from last night's racing. :D Absolutely gorgeous evening with lots of newcomers. :thumbsup:

Clipboard01.sized.jpg

Clipboard02.sized.jpg

Clipboard04.sized.jpg

Clipboard06.sized.jpg

Clipboard13.sized.jpg

Clipboard14.sized.jpg

Clipboard15.sized.jpg

Keen little newcomer

Clipboard08.sized.jpg

Poppy

Clipboard09.sized.jpg

Tallie

Clipboard11.sized.jpg

Buddy

Clipboard12.sized.jpg

These 3 newcomers did quite well with their first bash at trialing. :cheers:

Clipboard22.sized.jpg

Pip

Clipboard26.sized.jpg

Lily

Clipboard32.sized.jpg

Mo Chara

Clipboard36.sized.jpg

Clipboard43.sized.jpg

Maid Your Point

Clipboard29.sized.jpg

Enjoying the sunshine :teehee:

Clipboard37.sized.jpg

Paddy wonders what all this racing malarkhy's about

Clipboard30.sized.jpg

Clipboard16.sized.jpg

I'll walk when I want to walk!

Clipboard17.sized.jpg

Better still, I'll walk myself

Clipboard24.sized.jpg

:wub:

Clipboard27.sized.jpg

Oh no, I can't see the photos! I'll try again when I get home, maybe they'll show on my home computer... :luck:

I'm jayne by the way, Buddy, tally and poppy's owner :))

hi im Jordan Mollys owner (The lil dog with curley tail) lol :D

Nice pics there could anyone pm me please with a litlle more info about what happens after they get used to the lure properly and when can they start racing ?

thanks alot for last night everyone that was involved

Regards Jordan :cheers:

Molly_at_gin_pit_3.jpg

05CLAJ said:
hi im Jordan Mollys owner (The lil dog with curley tail) lol  :D
Nice pics there could anyone pm me please with a litlle more info about what happens after they get used to the lure properly and when can they start racing ?

thanks alot for last night everyone that was involved

Regards Jordan  :cheers:

Hiya Jordan (& Jayne) :thumbsup:

We'll let them all get a little bit more keen and gradually take them a little further up the track each time until eventually they're going the full distance. After a few goes at full distance we'll handslip them through the trap with the front open, once they're happy with that we'll try them with the trap closed until eventually they are happy with a muzzle etc on. Lastly they will run with the slower dogs so that they're used to running in company and providing they run clean (no looking at the other dogs) they can start and race in the handicap. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

They all did really well for their first go at on the lure - Molly & Buddy were a little bit more kean than Tally & Poppy but the main thing is that they all chased really well and weren't distracted by anything else that was going on, you won't believe the difference after a few more goes. Buddy was even yapping like an experienced racer by the end of the night. (Hope his toe soon heals :wub: )

Lovely to meet you all & hopefully see you all there again next week :thumbsup:

Is it the same time next week because we might take another trip down for the night again

regards Jordan :cheers:

Moly_at_gin_pit_2.jpg

I can see the pics now, they are very good!!

We'll definitely be back next week, thanks for having us :))

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back