The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

3 Hounds Found Hung

Lynn-Alexandria

Grand Master Undead Fighter
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
This message has been cross posted from sighthoundsonline.

This video shows 3 young greys found hung, near Sevilla on the 2nd of February 2006 by volunteers of El Refugio Escuela.

http://www.elrefugioescuela.com/galgos_ahorcados_quick.htm

Please send a polite and serious email/letter to Spanish officials telling them you refuse to visit their country as long as such abuse continues.

Contact Spain's Government Offices at:

Ministry of Tourism of Spain

info@mityc.es

Teléfono: 902 446 006

Fax: 91-457-8066

Ministry of Agriculture of Spain (mailbox of suggestions)

http://www.mapya.es/es/ministerio/pags/correo/correo1.htm

Ministry of Environment:

ainfo@mma.es

oszurdo@mma.es

Ministry of the Interior (Home Office):

estafeta@mir.es

Ministry of Culture

informa.admini@sgt.mcu.es

Additional emails to send to:

mcnarbona@munimadrid.es

infopsoe@psoe.es

administrador-web@psoe.es

registro@defensordelpueblo.es

direccion.comunicacion@rtve.es

This sickening brutality has got to stop...it cannot be allowed to continue.

Sickening but I am not surprised.

This is a country where bullfighting still goes on today, terrified bulls tortured for entertainment before they meet a very cruel death.

I have never been to Spain and never intend to visit a country with such vile acts of cruelty take place.

I will email the address you've shown.

I cant watch the video cos i know it will totally freak me out BUT am sending an email.

What is happening in this day & age, what kind of sick people can do this :(

~whitecross whippets~ said:
thats was awful...i wish i hadnt watched it now!.. :(

Yes it is awful, :( but at least you know what is going on now! Same as post about Greyhound Muses It's only by learning that these terrible things are happening that we can do anything about it. :rant: (Not ranting at you Whitecross Whippets, just this cruelty makes me sick, it's so unnecessary - what did those poor babies ever do to anyone?)

I thought what they found was sickening, but I'll bet it's not the first time it's happened.

RIP little ones

clairej810 said:

Yes it is awful, :( but at least you know what is going on now! Same as post about Greyhound Muses It's only by learning that these terrible things are happening that we can do anything about it. :rant: (Not ranting at you Whitecross Whippets, just this cruelty makes me sick, it's so unnecessary - what did those poor babies ever do to anyone?)

I thought what they found was sickening, but I'll bet it's not the first time it's happened.

RIP little ones

oh i totally agree :( but sometimes there is only so much reality i can cope with :'(

clairej810 said:

RIP little ones

oh i totally agree :( but sometimes there is only so much reality i can cope with :'(

I totally agree, Mel the Needle Man has haunted me ever since I read it, I wish I hadn't read it but I felt I had to because it so very nearly happened to my beautiful Max. I just wish I could get the image out of my head. :(

My problem is I want to help them all, but I just can't cope emotionally. :(

I will be emailing the Spanish Government though, that is the least I can do....

clairej810 said:
clairej810 said:

RIP little ones

I totally agree, Mel the Needle Man has haunted me ever since I read it, I wish I hadn't read it but I felt I had to because it so very nearly happened to my beautiful Max. I just wish I could get the image out of my head. :(

My problem is I want to help them all, but I just can't cope emotionally. :(

I will be emailing the Spanish Government though, that is the least I can do....

.....i suppose when i was younger i wanted to save all animals from all suffering and being veg/vegan for 15yrs i subjected myself to huge amounts of imformation...although i am now a meat eater (for various reasons) i have major eating problems...it was too much...and now its too late to forget all what i know..

the same thing happened when i worked with animals...watching cruelty and witnessing horrific crimes against animals...and believe me i know exactly what happens to some ex racers...but like i said i realise there is only so much i can take these days...i have a fairly difficult life due to other reasons i suppose so maybe ive gone a bit sensitive....or maybe im just getting old! :(

I'm sorry I cant watch the video - I'm still recovering from the Spot the dalamtion hanging scenes, but I will e-mail the Spanish Government.

I presume the hounds are galgos?

RIP all hounds surplus to human requirement and callously disposed of. Makes me ashamed to be human sometimes. :(

im the same then. :( i think ive got a lot softer as ive got older and i hate watching pictures of cruelty to animals.the images stay with me for too long now and i cant get them out of my head and they haunt me for months afterwards.i have never been to spain,the idea of bullfighting disgusts me.but so does foxhunting and any other so called blood sports.ill send a complaint to the spanish government but i dont want to look at the video as i know it will distress me. :'( :'( :'(

.....i suppose when i was younger i wanted to save all animals from all suffering and being veg/vegan for 15yrs i subjected myself to huge amounts of imformation...although i am now a meat eater (for various reasons) i have major eating problems...it was too much...and now its too late to forget all what i know..

the same thing happened when i worked with animals...watching cruelty and witnessing horrific crimes against animals...and believe me i know exactly what happens to some ex racers...but like i said i realise there is only so much i can take these days...i have a fairly difficult life due to other reasons i suppose so maybe ive gone a bit sensitive....or maybe im just getting old! :(

I totally admire anyone who works or has worked with animals in rescues - I couldn't do it.

I am realising I need to think more about me and my gorgeous boys ( :wub: )rather trying to joining in every battle cos I simply can't cope. :( . I helo in the small ways I can.

Are you okay - you sound down? :huggles:

That is so awful.

I can't watch the video either as it would haunt me all night. The programme that was on the other night was just so heart wrenching as well, about all the poor ex racing Greyhounds getting dumped and left to die.

I will email the spanish Government also.

Kirsty

clairej810 said:

I totally admire anyone who works or has worked with animals in rescues - I couldn't do it.

I am realising I need to think more about me and my gorgeous boys ( :wub: )rather trying to joining in every battle cos I simply can't cope. :( . I helo in the small ways I can.

Are you okay - you sound down? :huggles:

thats just what i do these days...look after all my pets(some of whom were cruelty cases) and give them the best life possible..

i try to do my bit for charities and my locals rescues but thats it for me these days...my life is somewhat restrictive so its not as much as i used to...

you keep on looking after your boys...im sure they couldnt be happier :wub:

thanks for asking if im ok .... i will survive!... :huggles:

Must be the end of the Hunting season then :- "

You see if a hound has given good service it is killed quickly.

If it has not performed as expected then it is hung so that at least one of its back legs is touching the ground and it dies a long slow death.

In the meantime the hunters enjoy a few beers and a bit of food whilst the wife and kids have a good afternoon out.

Starting to get the picture now?

And that is why I never ever want to go to Spain as I will commit murder if I ever came across a scene like that.

And this is a country that is part of the European union :rant: :rant: :rant:

quite simply heartbreaking! will send off as much as i can also will cros post on a local forum. :rant: :rant:

I think anyone who is a genuine animal lover finds things like this sooo distressing & depressing because you know whatever you do wont make the slightest bit of difference :(

You send the emails even so & live in hope but you know its fruitless :(

Bull fighting, the fur & meat trade in China & the horrific consequences these poor dogs & cats suffer, greyhound racing, the poor galgo's in spain :( :( :(

Bear baiting.....................you could go on & on forever & make yourself quite ill over it, i have done.

I HATE the sick & twisted world we live in now & cant beleive in 2006 these things are still allowed to continue, yet there are some who are still so totally naive to it all.

A new guy started at work some weeks ago, seems a nice enough chap & on Friday wished me a good weekend & asked if i had any shows lined up etc. I told him yes & asked what he was up to & he told me him & his wife & some pals were off for an evening Greyhound racing on Saturday night, said how they all enjoyed it & loved the dogs etc.

Well i think he could see from the look on my face that i wasn't best impressed & asked had he said something wrong & i replied no not at all just that i was NOT a fan of greyhound racing as i didn't agree with what happened to many of the poor dogs.

To which he looked at me in total astonishment & said said "But what do you mean, surely these dogs have the best of everything, after all they are surely so valuable & when they have finished racing we assumed they live their lives out in luxury"

Oh i put him straight, put it this way, when he left the office he looked like he had been hit with a sledge hammer & said he just never would have thought such things went on.

As they were animal lovers & had 2 little crossbreeds at home, he had decided to tell his wife what i had told him & she rang me just before 5.30 to thank me for informing them & to say they had cancelled their evening & were going for a meal instead & would NOT be going greyhound racing EVER again.

Probably no help to the poor dogs BUT just amazes me how people who aren't involved in the dog scene at all still know nothing about these atrocities.

If only it were mre publicised & hi-lighted but so many out there are still under false perceptions of how well these dogs are looked after, if only they knew....

nina said:
I think anyone who is a genuine animal lover finds things like this sooo distressing & depressing because you know whatever you do wont make the slightest bit of difference  :(
You send the emails even so & live in hope but you know its fruitless  :(

Bull fighting, the fur & meat trade in China & the horrific consequences these poor dogs & cats suffer, greyhound racing, the poor galgo's in spain  :(   :(   :(

Bear baiting.....................you could go on & on forever & make yourself quite ill over it, i have done.

I HATE the sick & twisted world we live in now & cant beleive in 2006 these things are still allowed to continue, yet there are some who are still so totally naive to it all.

A new guy started at work some weeks ago, seems a nice enough chap & on Friday wished me a good weekend & asked if i had any shows lined up etc. I told him yes & asked what he was up to & he told me him & his wife & some pals were off for an evening Greyhound racing on Saturday night, said how they all enjoyed it & loved the dogs etc.

Well i think he could see from the look on my face that i wasn't best impressed & asked had he said something wrong & i replied no not at all just that i was NOT a fan of greyhound racing as i didn't agree with what happened to many of the poor dogs.

To which he looked at me in total astonishment & said said "But what do you mean, surely these dogs have the best of everything, after all they are surely so valuable & when they have finished racing we assumed they live their lives out in luxury"

Oh i put him straight, put it this way, when he left the office he looked like he had been hit with a sledge hammer & said he just never would have thought such things went on.

As they were animal lovers & had 2 little crossbreeds at home, he had decided to tell his wife what i had told him & she rang me just before 5.30 to thank me for informing them & to say they had cancelled their evening & were going for a meal instead & would NOT be going greyhound racing EVER again.

Probably no help to the poor dogs BUT just amazes me how people who aren't involved in the dog scene at all still know nothing about these atrocities.

If only it were mre publicised & hi-lighted but so many out there are still under false perceptions of how well these dogs are looked after, if only they knew....

as a firm animal rights supporter this sickness does not shock me ,there is so much animal suffering going on today , we are breeding filth who think abusing an animal is acceptable well its not ,theses things dont just go on abroad they go on here where we live as well ,all i know is my animals are lucky to live with me ,and so are all yours on this site theses people are pure scum :rant:

as a firm animal rights supporter this sickness does not  shock me ,there is so much animal suffering going on today , we are breeding filth who think abusing an animal is acceptable  well its not ,theses things dont just go on abroad they go on here where we live as well ,all i know is my animals are lucky to live with me ,and so are all yours on this site  theses people are pure scum  :rant:

:thumbsup: you are absolutely right.

URGENT APPEAL FOR FUNDS!

Long term supporters of ours will know that this early part of the year is always a critical time for our Charity.

The end of the hunting season in Spain in January is dreaded by all of us involved in the field of rescuing galgos in Spain, as literally thousands are thrown out into the countryside, streets and motorways and left to fend for themselves , starve or die of cold and illness, or are threatened with brutal killing, maiming or mistreatment.

Urgent liaison between us, the volunteers in the Spanish refuges and the adoption groups abroad will save hundreds, but it is a trying time for all of us, and we need as much help please, from you out there, as possible…………

For any charity, the period following Christmas is the most barren time of the year financially . The cold weather is not the time for outdoor fundraising events; and the public generally are recovering after Christmas expenditure and the sales, and donations are at their lowest ebb.

The BBC Scotland TV programme, Dogs Abuse, last Wednesday showed something of what we are up against in Spain. They did undercover filming in a large hovel -like bunch of shacks on a rubbish tip in Sevilla where 100 galgos are kept in the dark in shocking conditions. Dog and **** fighting and drug dealing keep these 'marginal' areas away from the law and the public, but brave Spanish volunteers , with our help from UK, are trying to remove some galgos from there ……….To make matters worse, the two main refuges in Sevilla who take stray galgos have been savagely attacked by the town's Mayor. Arca de Noe refuge, with its 100 's of rescued dogs and cats, was demolished this week with 3 days notice. Next they attacked ARCA refuge, and the poor volunteers were seen running into the refuge to pick up the animals in their arms to try to save them…………

……….and this is a leading country of the EU!!!

What I am leading to, as you may guess, is that we desperately need more funds to cover these extra dogs that we are bringing into care.

The money is needed for their vaccine, rehabilitation, food, maintenance and sterilisation prior to their adoption with the homing groups we work with in France, Germany, Belgium, Holland, northern Italy etc.

Please if you can, help us to get over this 'over-demanding' time in our work!

The situation is critical ……….

For more information, speak to Anne Finch on 01983 874715 or Carolyn , weekdays on 01784 43685.

Email address; info@greyhoundsinneed.co.uk

Please make cheques out to ;'Greyhounds in Need',

5, Greenways, Egham, Surrey TW20 9PA.

Bank details: Barclays Bank, 71 High St., Staines, TW20 4PS. UK

A/C name: Greyhounds in Need, A/C no.: 00176508 Sort code: 20-81-11

IBAN Code: GB70 BARC 2081 1100 1765 08 ; SWIFTBIC: BARCGB22

Donate on Line facility exists on our website www.greyhoundsinneed.co.uk

Pay Pal details on application .

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back