The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

3 yr old cobberdog

Harash

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi sorry it’s long
I have a 3 year old cibberdog who has always been great good recall great with other dogs etc etc
Today we went for our walk we were playing fetch the ball which he normally brings back and is rewarded with treats but after about 15 mins of play he picked his ball up and started heading out the park i called him shook the treat bag made lots of noise
But he wouldn’t come back I stood still and he stopped and turned round checking I was there with utter defiance, we live 5 mins away from the park so when he turned the corner I ran up so i could see where he was and he was heading home ball In mouth still refusing to come back to me he crossed 2 roads and went straight home.i had no choice but to follow, sure enough he was sat at the door the the ball,I dont know what happened or where I’ve gone wrong any ideas anyone

How odd - and what a worry for you!

Is he neutered? Also, did you get the impression that he was worried about anything (say if a bee had just stung him)? I'm wondering if it's possible to work out whether something upset him and he wanted the security of home, or he'd just decided he'd had enough play.

You might have to put him on a long line for walks for a bit and go back to recall basics.

Thanks for replying it’s very odd isn’t it,yes he’s neutered and there was no other dogs or people about,when he got home he took his ball upstairs and tried to hide it in my bed so I think it’s linked to the ball but it was just like he thought I’ve had enough I’m going home
How odd - and what a worry for you!

Is he neutered? Also, did you get the impression that he was worried about anything (say if a bee had just stung him)? I'm wondering if it's possible to work out whether something upset him and he wanted the security of home, or he'd just decided he'd had enough play.

You might have to put him on a long line for walks for a bit and go back to recall basics.
vyea

Does he try to hide his ball or other toys normally, or does that also seem out of character? I don't suppose it's a new, different sort of ball, e.g. a squeaky one when he usually has non-squeaky ones?

Does he try to hide his ball or other toys normally, or does that also seem out of character? I don't suppose it's a new, different sort of ball, e.g. a squeaky one when he usually has non-squeaky ones?
He does hide things he shouldnt have in my bed so my shoes or clothes of my daughters but not His toys and it was his normal ball,I could understand it another dog had appeared on the park,im really confused and now I don’t trust him

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back