The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

32 Countie's Show.

billyboy45

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
After a lot of thought about this,i have decided to pull out of the sponsership.Naw,only jokeing.This shield is only for Irish dog's,and there seem's to be a few from across the water coming.This has left me in a bit of a delema,as the shield has already been inscribed with the word's,IRELAND'S FASTEST LURCHER.I hope you can see where im coming from with this one.The original thought about this race,was to find just who had the quickest dog,or bitch over here,and as this is my baby,im sorry,but i make the rule's.I know it's a bit late in the day now,to have the shield remade,or re worded,so ive come up with a surprise,that should keep every body happy.I'll just call it,THE ULTIMATE CHALLENGE,for now,and leave it till Sunday,to let this,my 2nd baby out of the bag.Wish id have shut my mouth now. See you all Sunday. ...BILLY HARPUR...

Does that mean if a dog from outside the 32 counties should win either the under 21", under 23" or over 23" that it's not eligible to race for the supreme run off or if it runs and win's the supreme run off that it's racing for a different trophy than the dogs from Northern Ireland and the South. You could be getting yourself into some complications here ie does that mean that if say a dog from another country wins for talks sake the over 23" and the runner up is an Irish dog that the runner up is eligible to race for the fastest dog in Ireland trophy. I think you need to spell this out more correctly. I know if it was myself and my dog got beat by another dog in its class from another country i wouldn't be interested in running for the fastest dog in Ireland trophy, but each to their own. My opinion only but when we travel over to the mainland we are competing for the same overall trophy as everyone alse whether it be showing or racing but then again Billy it's your baby. Just a thought though, in the Irish Greyhound Derby is there a trophy for the fastest dog in Ireland and a seperate one for others.

dazgail said:
Does that mean if a dog from outside the 32 counties should win either the under 21", under 23" or over 23" that it's not eligible to race for the supreme run off or if it runs and win's the supreme run off that it's racing for a different trophy than the dogs from Northern Ireland and the South. You could be getting yourself into some complications here ie does that mean that if say a dog from another country wins for talks sake the over 23" and the runner up is an Irish dog that the runner up is eligible to race for the fastest dog in Ireland trophy. I think you need to spell this out more correctly. I know if it was myself and my dog got beat by another dog in its class from another country i wouldn't be interested in running for the fastest dog in Ireland trophy, but each to their own. My opinion only but when we travel over to the mainland we are competing for the same overall trophy as everyone alse whether it be showing or racing but then again Billy it's your baby. Just a thought though, in the Irish Greyhound Derby is there a trophy for the fastest dog in Ireland and a seperate one for others.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: well thats me out then,mark

markbrick said:
dazgail said:

markbrick were you ever in...? never heard you say you were going across there . good call..billy harper :thumbsup:

hellomoto62 said:
markbrick said:
dazgail said:

markbrick were you ever in...? never heard you say you were going across there . good call..billy harper :thumbsup:

well i think you will find i was in ?????? and i think i had a good chance in the sim and racing,mark

Right.Am getting pissed of with certain people.

When this idea came into my head,(and it was only me who thought it up)It was for the fastest dog in ireland,ie(Ireland's fastest lurcher).,and that's exactly what it say's on the shield.There was no mention of dog's from across the water coming over to race for this title,as it was a national event..It was a one off race between the 3 fastest irish dog's,on the day.

The way thing's have been going all year,this could be any number of dog's,and ive seen a couple of very fast wee dog's in the last week or 2 as well.So who know's.

The money for this shield has come out of my own pocket,and it was,nt a cheapy.Now i have purchased another,and remember here,that im on the dole.But to even thing's up,the best i possibly can,i am putting up another challenge shield.And as there are complaint's floating around,this one will suit everyone.FOUR NATION'S CHALENGE SHIELD.

How's that.Everyone will get a chance to line up together.I am hopeing this will be the last race of the day,so that all straight racing dog's will have had a good rest.but it will be a club decision.

The first one is a national title shield,end of story.It's imposible to please every one,and i am now genuinely sorry,that i ever put this idea forward.

This bring's to mind one other thing that i clearly remember.There was a certain few people on here who said they were coming over to the 32 counties show,long before this race was mentioned.You are more than welcome,and we look forward to you're appearence if it happen's.Maybe it would suit some better,if i just kept the shield's for our own show next year,and scrapped the whole idea.And surely the Four Nation's Shield ,is a far more prestigious one to have on you're mantle piece.

Mark,this one should suit you mate,as you might even get a crack at those 15/16 greyhound's,that you're alway's wanting at.Ive just heard this morning,that Ellie Star will be putting in an appearence,and who know's what else is coming over.

I feel sorry for those who have nothing to race anymore,for these title's would be worth having you name's on.I know that some of the big English show title's are not worth the paper they were written on anymore,with only a couple of heat's,and a final.They were worth winning before the milenium when there was anything up to 12/13 first round heat's of the under's and over's,but not anymore.

These were not national title's,and were open to all nationalities.Pity they've fallen appart now.Can i also add that i aint got nothin racing myself,so i know what it feel's like.For the time being,i will be happy to take many many little pix of the dog's doing what they do,or dont do ,best.This is all i will say on this matter,other than i am now skint,and looking forward to Sunday.

(Am accepting donation's,made payable to me.)

Last edited by a moderator:
good on you billy??ive wanted a crack at ellie in the unders for a while ,i know shes a good straight racing dog and my dogs are fast and also do everything on the day like last week lurcherworld, sat won simulated racing and really hurdles not my fault lure was set 10 yars before finish line and she jumped over to get it,that was the final, but she was 10 lenghs in the lead,sun simulated champ again and a good 10 lenghs champ in the unders i know my breeding and the black bitch is being mated and next year there wont be an under to touch the pups take care mark,but i wont be entering them

markbrick said:
good on you billy??ive wanted a crack at ellie in the unders for a while ,i know shes a good straight racing dog and my dogs are fast and also do everything on the day like last week lurcherworld, sat won simulated racing and really hurdles not my fault lure was set 10 yars before finish line and she jumped over to get it,that was the final, but she was 10 lenghs in the lead,sun simulated champ again and a good 10 lenghs champ in the unders i know my breeding and the black bitch is being mated and next year there wont be an under to touch the pups take care mark,but i wont be entering them
Does that mean you are coming over still,or not. ...Billy...

markbrick said:
so again coarsing both days unders both days reserve supremex2 in showing hurdles 1 day not bad for burnt out average dogs in a very strong field

markbrick said:
markbrick said:
so again coarsing both days unders both days reserve supremex2 in showing hurdles 1 day not bad for burnt out average dogs in a very strong field

Get them over here then Mark,and see if you can kick some Irish ass.

markbrick said:
markbrick said:

instead of bigging yourself up..answer the mans question eh ?????????? are you going over there or are you afraid to go over there any take the irish on !! it looks like it :sweating: :sweating: :sweating: :sweating: the only thing thats burnt out is your "how good am i buttons" :- " !

hellomoto62 said:
markbrick said:
markbrick said:

instead of bigging yourself up..answer the mans question eh ?????????? are you going over there or are you afraid to go over there any take the irish on !! it looks like it :sweating: :sweating: :sweating: :sweating:

one thing iam not is afraid to take the irish on,theyve got and always had some of the best dogs and theres some genuine good dog men over there but with the shit ive had i ve proved my dogs status in the show world and working and there very close if not there at the top of the ladder and you cant dispute that i will give my 100% ans about ireland in the next 24 hr,but afraid iam not

The Four Nations is a great idea and definitely by far the most prestigous title with a lot of bragging rights :D . Being from Northern Ireland i just hope the dog who wins the Fastest Lurcher in Ireland trophy also wins the Four Nations Challenge Trophy. Will it be run as a bumper race ie a one of race or will there be heats etc etc. You should spell the format out so that those who will be spending a lot of time and money to support the show know what is exactly happening before the show and not on the day. After all, the whole of the lurcher folk on the K9 community will have all eyes on this show.

Billy, hope i'm not one of the ones who has peev'd you of as i was only airing my views.

This will be a one off.No need for any format crap.Because of the crying on here,this race has had to be put on ,and my pocket emptied,so i hope everyone appreciates this.There are a lot of titles up for grab's this Sunday,and if anyone's not happy now,could they please just stay at home,and leave the N.D.L.T.C,get on with buisiness. (Their buisiness.)

billyboy45 said:
This will be a one off.No need for any format crap.Because of the crying on here,this race has had to be put on ,and my pocket emptied,so i hope everyone appreciates this.There are a lot of titles up for grab's this Sunday,and if anyone's not happy now,could they please just stay at home,and leave  the N.D.L.T.C,get on with buisiness.  (Their buisiness.)
When you say this will be a one off...what dogs will be eligible to run for the four nations challenge trophy ie will it be the irish dogs plus any english dogs which has won the under 21", under 23" and over 23" or what....that's what i mean by format or is it a total seperate event from the earlier straight racing. I'm confused....

i think u would do well over in Ireland Markbrick i watched ur dogs at Westpoint Exeter and they will take some beating.

Jane

jane123 said:
i think u would do well over in Ireland Markbrick i watched ur dogs at Westpoint Exeter and they will take some beating.
Jane

depends what you seen him racing aginst doesnt it ? i bet anyone he doesnt go to ireland. MARK MY WORDS !!

Personally I think you'd of been better calling it the N.D.L.T.C Supreme trophy. I think giving a title such as fastest dog in Ireland is just OTT. This is a one day event and there'll be dogs who'll be injured, in season etc etc. So to say one dog that wins overall that day is the fastest dog in Ireland is a bit far fetched in my opinion. Not only that but if you did do timing that day then there's the possibility that a dog will do a far faster time in it's first run only to be knocked out in an overall run off.

Personally I think you'd of been better liasing with other events and come up with the title for a dog that had one so many supreme run off's over say a year or so, it certainly would seem a more worthy title to me.

Incidently, to my knowledge the non-peds don't have 35lb+ (scratch) dogs running to supreme with the smaller handicapped dogs, they have a supreme for them seperate from a supreme scratch trophy. I'm sure Geoff will correct me if this is not the case.

Not trying to be awkward here Billy, I just think it might save you some hassle and of course some money. :thumbsup:

hellomoto62 said:
jane123 said:
Jane

depends what you seen him racing aginst doesnt it ? i bet anyone he doesnt go to ireland. MARK MY WORDS !!

his dog was 15 lenghts in front of any other dog over about 120 yards i think that that is good dont u?

its up 2 him weather he goes over isnt it doesnt need people like u to bet weather he goes or not.

Jane

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back