The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

35 Years

JOHNG

JOHNG
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
after 35 years of whippet racing and making a lot of friends i have made the hard decision to give it up,with the price of fuel and vet bills( and other things ) it as become just too much for me to keep going so i made another hard decision to give nch cacharel back to allison & colin as i know she will not get a better home i wish them good luck with her :luck:

hopefully i will still go to the odd race meeting .

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to read you have decided to call it a day with whippet racing John but wish you well in whatever you decide to do in the future. :cheers: :luck:

THATS SAD TO HEAR BUT THIS GOVERMENT WILL CAUSE ALOT OF THIS TO HAPPEN TO MORE FOLK :( PRICES WILL RISE UNTILL WE WONT BE ABLE

TO ENJOY NOTHING IN LIFE

sorry to hear this news, we'l miss you, good luck in the future :cheers: :luck:

Elaine and Sally

sorry to hear best of :luck: in what ever you do :thumbsup:

So sorry to hear you have finished racing we have been friends for many a long year

it will come to us all it is getting too expensive to travel now and more will follow I am sure it may be back to club racing again

I will miss our chats on the sites and your company

I wish all the very best for the future and hope that you will be happy in your "retirement"

look forward to seeing you about

love Ruth and Don

All the best John :thumbsup:

clipboard61.sized.jpg

You are one of many who has been pondering this for a while John, I will miss your input to track side discussions and your all round effort to put whippet racing first these past years, all the best to you in the future John :cheers:

Best of luck in the future John, But this will only continue to increase when the total cost of going racing is counted up. However I see it as a chance to increase numbers at club racing, and reduce the number of opens.

This would result in opens being a special day out not just an every weekend event. It would also reduce the amount of stress on the dogs as they would have time to recover from injuries etc.

I have raised this point before, when I started attending opens in 19 72 I could not wait to see the big names from other parts of the country, as they were legends from the whippet news, only to be seen on special occations, not every week.

It will make for more interesting racing in my opinion, with results not knwn by all even before the program is printed, as the top dogs would hopfully be spread across the country, and not against each other on a weekly basis. good luck to all racers who find the time and finances to continue in our great sport.

Peter.

hey John fuel prices are going down at ASDA and SAINSBURY'S so lets hope your just having time out instead of giving up GOOD LUCK :luck:

Best of luck in the future John :luck: we understand where you are coming from. In the last 5 years petrol prices have doubled, wish wages had too :- "

hi john you'll be a sad miss to racing ,your a great bloke and a pleasure to know,so good luck m8 from me and my familyxxx :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :thumbsup:

Well cuz never thought i would see u give up the whippet game but i hope wot ever u do u will be happy and i mean that :luck: :thumbsup:

thats a sad loss to the sport of whippet racing i hope u the very best of luck in the future john :cheers:

wild whippies said:
All the best John  :thumbsup:
clipboard61.sized.jpg

:cheers:

thank you for all the kind comments ,it will be a big wrench to leave the sport / hobby but all good things come to an end sometime,i have a lot of happy memories and seen some very good dogs race in past 35 year. :cheers: :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear that you are giving up racing John. But must admit Lyn and I are also debating whether to continue in the sport.We are not going to the Scottish Derby for the first time in years, due to family commitments and also the cost.All the best John in your whippet retirement. George and Lyn. :thumbsup:

sorry to hear that you are giving up john it won't be the same without you ,you have had some brilliant dogs over the past years, but like you say all good things come to an end sometime.

:luck: good luck mate

You will be missed by a lot of non-prd racers John, I would like to wish you good :luck: and good health :thumbsup:

hope we still see u about mr gill :D best of luck whatever you do in the future john :thumbsup:

ps u owe me a tenner :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back