The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

4 Month Old Pup Peeing Blood!

Vicky99

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Help, my lovely 4 month old baby Ruby is frequently urinating and has started to pass blood! I think it is prob a urinary tract infection, but its horrible to see her in pain. I will take her to the vets first thing in the morning. Has anyone else had this problem? Do you think she may be coming into season?? Vicky :wacko:

Seems way too early for a season.

Poor little mite, must be very uncomfortable for her, hope you can get into the vets really early tomorrow...try to get a sample of urine in the morning to take to the vets with her :thumbsup:

Good luck to the little one and welcome to k9 :thumbsup:

At 4 months I don't think she will be coming in season .

It's more likely 1- that she has a urinary tract infection

or

2 - that she has injured her girlie bits ( have you had a look )

It there is no injury then you should get her to the vet in the morning

Unless

the amount of blood is excessive , in which case you should take her ASAP.

If you think it is a urinary infection then let her drink as muchas possible in fact encourage

her to drink , keep her warm etc as you would do if you had a urinary infection :unsure:

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems way too early for a season.
Poor little mite, must be very uncomfortable for her, hope you can get into the vets really early tomorrow...try to get a sample of urine in the morning to take to the vets with her :thumbsup:

Good luck to the little one and welcome to k9 :thumbsup:
Thank you! I will try to put some piccies on of my two babies! I know how she feels, I was almost hospitalised a few years ago with the same thing!!

Vicky ;)

At 4 months I don't think she will be coming in season .It's more likely 1- that she has a urinary tract infection

or

2 - that she has injured her girlie bits ( have you had a look )

It there is no injury then you should get her to the vet in the morning

Unless

the amount of blood is excessive , in which case you should take her ASAP.

If you think it is a urinary infection then let her drink as muchas possible in fact encourage

her to drink , keep her warm etc as you would do if you had a urinary infection :unsure:
Its not excessive blood, its mixed with urine. I dont think her bits are injured, she was definately passing blood. Aghhh! Poor baby. I will try to push fluids and if she deteriorates over night I will call the vet! ;)

I would get her to the vet ASAP. I recently had a young pup under 6 months with the same thing & within hours she was urinating pure blood, it was really frightening.

She was rushed to the vets & put on Anti b's straight away, it was a kidney/urine infection & cleared up as quickly as it started.

I would get her to the vet ASAP. I recently had a young pup under 6 months with the same thing & within hours she was urinating pure blood, it was really frightening.

She was rushed to the vets & put on Anti b's straight away, it was a kidney/urine infection & cleared up as quickly as it started.

Hi I was you I would ring up the vet and explain her symptoms tonight for a bit of advice whether to take her to the vets tonight or wait until tomorrow.

Best of luck, hope she's okay.

Have contacted OOH vet. He was happy for pup to be left until morning. He thinks its cystitis. I'm a nurse so will monitor her. Thanks everyone! X

Have contacted OOH vet. He was happy for pup to be left until morning. He thinks its cystitis. I'm a nurse so will monitor her. Thanks everyone! X
Good Luck...and pictures ASAP please :thumbsup: :teehee:

Hope she recovers quickly :luck: :luck: and that things don't get worse overnight :thumbsup:

Looking forward to the pictures!! :D

Bless her .... get some cranberry juice and that'll help her for the time being :luck:

Took her to vets this morning. She was prescribed antibiotics. Poor baby girl! Its a curse for females isnt it??!!

Heres my baby Ruby (and my sister!) :wub: DSC00094.JPG

my neighbours somes dog, was peeing blood, and they took her to the vets only to find out she had part of a bone stick somwhere inside.

hopfully its nothing to serious :(

good luck at the vets :luck: :luck:

She is gorgeous :wub: ...I love her facial markings...hope the Anti b's kick in quickly and sort her out :thumbsup:

Ruby is gorgeous. :wub: :wub: I love the markings on her face - very striking. :)) Hope she is feeling better soon. :luck: :luck:

Glad to hear it's nothing too serious :thumbsup:

What a gorgeous girl , I love the markings on her face :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back