The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

4 Month Old Pup Peeing Blood!

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Yeh, shes gorgeous. A lovely looking thing. My Peanut loves her too!

My Borzoi pup had exactly the same problem at around the same age. she was right as rain one day, and peeing blood the next, I took her to the vets sharpish, and she was diagnosed as having Cystitis :wacko: A week on antibiotics and she was right as rain :sweating: She's now six months old and so far :luck: there has been no recurrance. Hope all's well with your pup now :luck:

What a pretty little girl ^_^

Neela had a mild urinary tract when she was about 9 or 10 weeks old. There was no blood, just a slight discharge. She was put on a course of antibiotics, which did the trick and now she's absolutely fine. My vet said that it's not uncommon for puppies to develop infections like these and that they are usually pretty mild.

Yeh, the vet said that their 'bits' arn't as developed or as long as an older bitch, so more prone to picking up bugs. My baby girl is ok now, back to normal. Thanks for the advice! x x

Babies_2.jpg

Babies_together_.jpg

I love her little two-tone face! Like the phantom of the opera, only pretty!! ^_^

Last edited by a moderator:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back