The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

New Home Needed 6 year old jack russell - needs new home

chris_h

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi. It is with huge regret that we need to rehome our family dog - Russell. This is due to an unexpected change in family circumstances.

We know little about the first 3 years of his life butI first became aware of him when a friend took Russell and his brother Jack from a rescue centre. She kept them a year before she emigrated and as I knew the dogs I took Russell and we rehomed Jack to a fantastic new home.

As a side note, it had become clear during the course of the first year that he was with my friend that the pair were part of an ongoing dominance struggle that Russell continually came out of second best.

Since Russell came to us he has become an adorable family dog. He is very needy and very loving. He gets on very well with my two daughters who are 10 and 14.

He is well trained but he is a Jack Russell - anyone who know's jacks will know what I mean.

He is not good with other dogs. He prefers his own company and he is best kept on a lead around other dogs and also people.

He is not aggressive on his own off his lead in an open space but I do dread it when another dog owner lets theor dog wander over with the words "don't worry he only want's to play". Russell needs his own space.

Equally with people he needs a calm period of introduction. Typically only a couple of minutes then he is on his back, legs in the air - friend for life. However in those first couple of minutes he growls and can look aggressive.

I feel sad about this as he is such a loving dog and naturally I want everyone to see his best side.

If Russell could find a home with no other dogs, lots of love, walks and his ball he would be in doggy heaven.

If you feel like you could give Russell this then please message me. I am in Brighton.

1797316_10152997342236550_8760133706980977820_n.jpg

10491270_10152997342121550_5070239147980213276_n.jpg

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back