A ban on walking dogs in public

Josie

Administrator
Administrator
Registered
Wagso - Clevedon Dog Walking Services
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Tehran bans dog walking

I can’t believe what I read. A ban on walking dogs in public and also a ban taking them in the car! Crazy!

Basically, they just don't want anyone to own a dog, and this is their way of discouraging it. After all, their record on human rights isn't great either :-(

Islam does not ban owning dogs in fact many Islamic people have great regard for dogs but there are guidelines in the Koran (Quran) about the keeping of dogs.
They should only be kept for guarding livestock, hunting and as farm dogs. The haaram (dirty or forbidden) part comes from letting a dog grow up or live inside your house, dogs saliva is considered dirty because it can contain germs this is why the Islamic law forbids them as pets.If a dog licks you or touches your clothing you must wash both the part of your body the dog touched and the clothing it touched.

If you think about many of these laws and teachings both from the bible and other 'holy' books of the time, many of these strange laws or rules make sense because of the conditions people lived in, the heat, the lack of sanitary and medical help that would have been available etc. Sadly some continue to live by the law of long ago instead of adapting and updating and this is where faith and science part ways.

Last edited:
I used to teach many students from Islamic countries...I remember the horror one expressed on finding I kept a dog. Since these were science degree students I gave them a bit of a polite heads-up about necessary rules where there is rabies etc, but where not, I think I said something along the lines of 'there's probably only half a dozen things you can catch from dogs, whereas there's over a thousand you can catch from other people.' I don't know if I altered their feelings for dogs- I do know next day they were all sitting a bit further apart in the lecture hall.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back