The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A Few Hours Ferreting

Mark Roberts

The Ringmaster
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Well I awoke to a bright sunny morning (once the sun had got up anyway) Andy arrived at 8am (he was early as he wasn't bringing his OH ;D )

I'd taken Max & Andy had brought Sieena & Kane (muncher to his freinds)

We arrived at the farm and proceeded to the first burrie, I entered 1 of my ferrets who promptly bolted 2 1 on either side of the fence, Max took his on very well but it just made the safty of the sheep netting as he struck.

on the other side Sienna & Kane were slipped on a rabbit after a short chase Kane accounted for it in good style.

the next warren produced 2 to Andys ferrets but unfortunaly both made for the safty of the naibouring farm where I dont have permission (yet) so the dogs couldnt be slipped.

At the next warren I entered my 2 jills they produced around 9 rabbits 1 bolted to our side the otheres to the next farm which again we couldnt slip onto so they made good thie escape.

unfortunatly at the 3rd warren 1 of my ferrets decided to start skulking and it took us 1 hour & 45 minutes to coax her out (she's now found a nice new home)

unfortunatly we then had to call it a day due to having other commitments in the afternoon.

But all the dogs and ferrets (bar 1) performed well, wont be long till were out again.

Kieren and a bunnie (no one sing the bright eyes tune please)

465194.jpg

Ready for the slip

465195.jpg

Andy trying some accupuncture on the barb wire fence ;)

465196.jpg

Kieren checking if the grass ius realy greener on the otherside?.

465197.jpg

Max & Kieren standing guard for any bolters.

465198.jpg

Andy on the phone to his OH no doubt asking for the sat nav to find his way out.?

465199.jpg

A nice morning out a few runs and some laughs along the way what more can you ask for.

Looks and sounds like you had a good day :thumbsup:

:) Cool your son is into hunting too, yous two are going to have some fun times ahead of yous . Kieren is going make a good hunter ,brill pictures :teehee: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Andy arrived at 8am (he was early as he wasn't bringing his OH ;D )

You cheeky bugger :p its him that makes us late not me :eek:

Glad you had a good day and your ferret finally came out, not sure Shona will be that pleased though (w00t)

Andy says thanks for the day,nice to see the dogs and ferrets working together as a team for the first time, couldn't be more proud and Kane proved himself today with his first catch after going down the hole to get it, hope to do it again soon .....after the greenhouse is built :lol: :thumbsup: thanks to Paula for feeding me :D

[SIZE=14pt]Go Kane thats my boy[/SIZE]

I'll come out when I'm good and ready 8)

ferreting_004..............JPG

Great pictures! Must have been a big hole for Kane to get down it :D :thumbsup:

Cool your son is into hunting too
Hunting,fishing, shooiting he does the lot. :thumbsup: He's been coming with me since he was about 3, never moans even on the coldest days just gets on with the job in hand.

Glad Andy enjoyed himself Lesley, :thumbsup: and as for Kane well what can you say, you must be so proud of him, :huggles: max did very well to, mark was going to take Candy, but didnt think she"d approve of Kane trying to take her rabbits off her, :lol: Have you tried the sausages yet. :cheers: Kieren loves going out with his dad always has from being a toddler he never ever moans no matter how cold it is. :huggles:

unfortunatly at the 3rd warren 1 of my ferrets decided to start skulking and it took us 1 hour & 45 minutes to coax her out (she's now found a nice new home)
JUST TO CLARIFY FOR THE PRAT WHO RANG MALLY TO TELL HIM I'D PUT THE FERRET TO SLEEP! THE FERRET WAS GIVEN TO MASTA (off k9) AND NOT PTS.

PLEASE GET FACTS RIGHT IN FUTURE AND DONT GO OFF HALF COCKED

Mark Roberts said:
JUST TO CLARIFY FOR THE PRAT WHO RANG MALLY TO TELL HIM I'D PUT THE FERRET TO SLEEP! THE FERRET WAS GIVEN TO MASTA (off k9) AND NOT PTS.

Some people are such trouble causers who find it impossible to mind their own business :rant: :rant: :rant:

Well done lads great to see you out & about there is nothing better than a few lads whippets & ferrets having a mooch :thumbsup:

Mark Roberts said:

see shit sterers on every page mark, i thought you were coming to cornwall around xmas i would of took you out for a few runs

The worlds full of them Mark! most fueled by jelousy or ignorance.

Couldnt make it at Christmas due to familey stuff :( but were definatly down in the Summer in August.

we'll have to meet for a drink or 2. :cheers: (springfields offord to buy the 1st round :- " )

Mark Roberts said:
The worlds full of them Mark! most fueled by jelousy or ignorance.
Couldnt make it at Christmas due to familey stuff  :(   but were definatly down in the Summer in August.

we'll have to meet for a drink or 2.  :cheers: (springfields offord to buy the 1st round  :- "  )

it would be like getting blood out of a stone getting a drink out of him

i'm glad to hear you think like that Mark! being the hoste and wanting to entertain the visitor i'm sure you'll be wanting to pay then? :p

a few drinks at the Harbour inn (Portleven) no offering to buy a meal as well though I dont want spoiling. :thumbsup:

Mark Roberts said:
i'm glad to hear you think like that Mark! being the hoste and wanting to entertain the visitor i'm sure you'll be wanting to pay then? :p

a few drinks at the Harbour inn (Portleven) no offering to buy a meal as well though I dont want spoiling. :thumbsup:

portleven no way porthtowan the blue bar are is it a bit up market for you northerners? is there a show and events page on k9 mark and how your mate getting on the one i met at charnock richard as he got out of skem yet???????

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back