The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A Filling Short Of A Sandwich?

julie_s

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Ruby ocassionaly gets a bit of bread and butter as a treat, our local baker makes a lovely sunflower loaf :thumbsup: ! She normally just snaffles it all up... but I've just watched her take every piece and bury it all around the garden. One of the cats saw her bury two pieces so she went back when he wasn't looking and moved them (w00t) . When she had finished burying all 8 pieces she did a few laps of joy around the lawn for some reason best known to herself :blink: what a :clown:

Does anyone else have a whippet that buries food that should really be eaten now! Now I would understand it if it were a bone... cause they're so much better when they're half rotten and covered in mud :x

julie_s said:
Ruby ocassionaly gets a bit of bread and butter as a treat, our local baker makes a lovely sunflower loaf :thumbsup: ! She normally just snaffles it all up... but I've just watched her take every piece and bury it all around the garden. One of the cats saw her bury two pieces so she went back when he wasn't looking and moved them (w00t) . When she had finished burying all 8 pieces she did a few laps of joy around the lawn for some reason best known to herself :blink: what a :clown:
Does anyone else have a whippet that buries food that should really be eaten now! Now I would understand it if it were a bone... cause they're so much better when they're half rotten and covered in mud :x

Yes, Dylan does it with his morning toast, except he buries it down the side of an armchair and Sparky buries Yorkshire Puddings down the back of the settee (w00t) (w00t)

Pixie does this all the time, sausage rolls are her favourite thing to do it with, if anybody is watching she digs it back up walks round with it for ages until nobody is around the buries it, if Rupert goes near where it is buried she will stand over the spot growling until he has gone!

When my old girl Morgan was younger she would 'bury' things in the corner of the room.. she would 'dig' a hole in the carpet, drop in her treat, and then cover it all up with 'earth' using her nose. It was hysterical to watch :lol: because she was so serious about it.

It stopped when we got our second whippet, Chloe, who would watch this whole 'burying' performance and then when Morgan walked away, satisfied that her treat was ''underground' , Chloe would just walk up and pinch it!! :lol: :thumbsup:

She didn't even mark the carpet she was so careful :clown:

I once gave Morgan a whole blueberry muffin which could barely fit in her mouth. She took that out to the garden and buried it in the flower bed.

We also once gave her a crisp when we were on a hillwalk and she buried that in the heather... she probably thinks it's still there and quite safe. :teehee: :p

:D it's funny to read this thread actually, because neither Josie nor Lola ever do stuff like this, but my new boy Monty buried a big wholemeal biscuit in the garden just this morning! Then when I went to go indoors, he hoofed it back out again and brought it indoors to eat (complete with bits of wood chipping and dirt :wacko: ) :lol:

kiplin does this,i give them all treats and he goes round taking them off the others and buries them around the house,but what a noise he makes doing it,he crys and whines because hes desperate to hide them so the others carnt get them :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: its very funny to read....

neither of mine bury things in the garden, but I have like Jenny find several foody items stuck down the side of the sofa bed too. :lol:

How funny; she sounds quite clever actually. No mine don't do anything like that. When I had an allotment the Foxes used to bury duck eggs all over it (not nice when you hit one that had been there a while :x ).

My cat used to like burying her dish of tinned food after she'd had a few mouthfuls. She'd drag anything she could find over it, usually newspaper but I decided to change to dry diet after she once pulled all my nice clean knickers off the radiator to cover it :b :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
They're so funny... she's been out a few times this afternoon/evening just to check all 8 pieces are still in their places. :lol:

Ruby also has an indoor "safe" underneath one of the bookcases in the livingroom. She put a pigs ear in there one day... did her usual hourly checks... a couple of days later my OH saw it poking out and picked it up and gave it to her... she didn't see him pick it up and must have thought it was a new one as she ate the lot... her wee face was a picture :unsure: when she went to check her stash and found it was gone :rant: ... he's now banned fron going anywhere near it!

quintessence said:
julie_s said:

Yes, Dylan does it with his morning toast, except he buries it down the side of an armchair and Sparky buries Yorkshire Puddings down the back of the settee (w00t) (w00t)

my shiba does this!not just with toast but with other treats too.i always think theyre saving them for a rainy day. :D

(since we got the jack russell theyre never there when robin goes back to dig them up!) ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Keano does the burring thing too (w00t) (w00t) but he does it in the most funniest places like behind the TV, amongst my curtains, in my bed! amongst our clothes, in our cub and down the sofa (w00t) he used to bury stuff in the garden but since we got it covered it small chuckies he has stoped. (w00t)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back