The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A poo bag question

JoanneF

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Sometimes when we are out we come across a clean, unused poo bag that has clearly just fallen out of a pocket. I have no qualms about picking it up (provided it really is clean and in good condition) to use. Everybody wins - less litter, free poo bag. But - Mr F thinks it's a disgusting thing to do.

Thoughts?

Yeah definitely fine to use them if they're clean! In the past I have even used a carrier bag found on the walk if I've ran out of poo bags!

I agree with the above. I'm still working on convincing OH that it's fine to use a clean (obviously) poo bag to collect blackberries when I find them on walks.

I do that!

Yes I'd pick up a clean dropped poo bag and use it. Why not?

Yeah definitely fine to use them if they're clean! In the past I have even used a carrier bag found on the walk if I've ran out of poo bags!

I've had to resort to large green leaves once in extremis. I have no idea why there wasn't a roll of bags in the walking pouch but there you go. Of course he didn't choose to use any of the hedgerows that day did he. Oh no - he chose a patch of manicured grass in the middle of the village. Luckily there was a bush with big leaves handy so I improvised. Even more lucky there was a waste bin a few hundred yards away!

I do that!

Yes I'd pick up a clean dropped poo bag and use it. Why not?

I've had to resort to large green leaves once in extremis. I have no idea why there wasn't a roll of bags in the walking pouch but there you go. Of course he didn't choose to use any of the hedgerows that day did he. Oh no - he chose a patch of manicured grass in the middle of the village. Luckily there was a bush with big leaves handy so I improvised. Even more lucky there was a waste bin a few hundred yards away!

Ooh dear, haha, desperate times! And some people would have just left it, that shows pure dedication! Lucky there was a bin nearby, there is only one in our village!!!

Sometimes if I find a clean one I loosely tie it to a bush, tree or whatever is do-able, just incase someone is out and realize they have no bags on them... I've never found them still there in the next day or so, so they must get used.
I've also had to improvise, like most, when my dog squeezed yet another slightly 'oohy' one out on way home in middle of pavement and I had to use my hanky, thankfully there was a bin close by. ( and yes I do still use a hanky instead of tissues as my nose is like a tap for most of the year!)

Sometimes when we are out we come across a clean, unused poo bag that has clearly just fallen out of a pocket. I have no qualms about picking it up (provided it really is clean and in good condition) to use. Everybody wins - less litter, free poo bag. But - Mr F thinks it's a disgusting thing to do.

Thoughts?
I do the same. Picks up plastic from the environment, that would otherwise get swept into waterways.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back