Review A Review on our stay at Lympscott Barn, Kilkhampton

Josie

Administrator
Administrator
Registered
Wagso - Clevedon Dog Walking Services
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
For my dads 60th birthday a few years ago we decided to surprise him by spending the weekend somewhere as a family. We found an amazing property through @holidaycottages.co.uk called Lympscott Barn, Kilkhampton. A fantastic barn conversion that sleeps unto 14 people, has a hot tub and of course is dog friendly! Since then we have visited this property a further two times. The most recent being the last weekend of February 2018.

Lympscott barn.JPG

A great feeling to see this sign!

Based on a working dairy farm, Lympscott Barn is set in a rural location - perfect! The barn boasts an impressive hallway that leads into an open plan kitchen/dining/living room with a wood burner, which was great for our large family gathering. There are 6 bedrooms, 4 with ensuite and two that share a main bathroom. There is even a downstairs bedroom which is perfect for family members that may not be able to make it upstairs (or for anyone who wants easy access to the hot tub!).

IMG_4714.JPG

The front entrance to the Barn
IMG_4722.JPG

The hallway
IMG_4716.JPG

The kitchen
IMG_4715.JPG

Oliver making the most of the lounge area!
IMG_4717.JPG

one of the bedrooms without ensuite

IMG_4720.JPG

four beds perfect for children or in our case Grannie!

Lympscott Barn is ideal for dogs. All you have to do is walk straight out of the door and follow the signs for Tamar Lakes. The walk to the lakes doesn’t involve any roads so you are safe to let your dog/s roam freely and relax! The circular route around the first lake is around 5km but do not fear (!) from March onwards there is a cafe you can stop at halfway round for a nice cup of coffee.
This is a beautiful walk and there is lots of wildlife to be seen at the lake.
You can get more information here:
tamar

IMG_4730.JPG

Dennis thinking about jumping in the lake...
IMG_4732.JPG

The view to the second lake

We always feel sad when our time is up at Lympscott Barn but we come away with great memories and sometimes nearly the farm dog! There is no better feeling than being able to take your dog with you. I am so thankful to all the dog friendly places out there.
IMG_4726.JPG

Dennis doing his best Bambi impression!

I had to be nosey and i had a look on holiday cottages and wow the 'cottage' looks so nice and so big! This review is great very well put. Also the pictures help so much with seeing the perspective of the living room and kitchen etc. I have my mums birthday coming up (September) so i might have too book the week and see how it is, especially with 2 dogs do they allow 2 dogs @Josie ?

Thank you @Violet Turner - that’s my aim for the reviews!

Oh yes, I’m sure they would! The owners are very friendly and relaxed. Most days we had their black lab in the house with us. I would come downstairs and find him sitting outside the front door. He looked so sweet that we couldn’t resist him coming in!

Thank you @Violet Turner - that’s my aim for the reviews!

Oh yes, I’m sure they would! The owners are very friendly and relaxed. Most days we had their black lab in the house with us. I would come downstairs and find him sitting outside the front door. He looked so sweet that we couldn’t resist him coming in!
how cute! okay i may have to book tomorrow very excited, love hot tubs ! :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back