The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A Whipapoo

trac

A pet is for life
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
just saw a advert on loot,advertising a whipapoo, miniature poodle x whippet

i have never heard of that before ,wondered if anyone else had?, there is a picture of them, they look quite big age 10 weeks, they are asking £350,is that a lot to pay for a x breed?

a lady down here breeds them every 6 mths :rant:

she calls then whoodles :wacko:

seen one and was a sweet looking little thing like a mini lurcher, comes to our club my biggest gripe is the poor bitch whelping so often :rant:

:cheers: I would say that's a lot to pay for what is really a mongrel !! A lot of people have jumped on this "designer dog" bandwagon - labradoodles etc. and they are asking lots of money. Unfortunately people are prepared to pay.

Its ridiculous when they can get more for mongrels than well bred pedigree breeds.

Also giving them breed names - labradoodles etc - is leading people into believing that they are buying a pedigree dog. We had a chap come to ring craft last week with a cross breed that he insisted was "part pedigree". He even had papers with it !! Apparently the dam was a pedigree and he had been given a copy of her pedigree !! I think he paid quite a lot for the puppy (which was very sweet) but he seemed quite shocked to learn that he couldn't show it in Open shows.

Ok, I will jump off my soap box now !!

:luck:

I have heard of a whoodle :unsure:

there is a name for cross breeding dogs.. and it isn't pedigree! :- "

my sisters friend has just paid £900.00 for a labradoodle..lovely little thing he is.................she was raving about how he wont shed any of his coat...haha.........her house is covered :- "

Hi

this has been discussed at length on other forums. It always comes down to when is a breed a proper breed. First cross is just that a cross. How many generations of breeding true before it actually becomes a breed in its own right?

To me a whippet x anything is a lurcher.

I saw a add for labradoodles for £800. It made a big thing about dad being a pedigree lab and mum a pedigree poodle but at the end of the day they were crosses. The picture they all looked different. Some were smooth some rough but all black. Some had pointy poodle faces others squarer lab heads. Surely when you breed a litter all the pups should look the same apart from colour. But even then if you are breeding true you should have a idea what to expect in the litter.

Wendy

:blink: A girl I work with was telling me that she was looking for a dog that wouldnt shed as a pet and was considering buying a Cockerpoo (cocker spaniel x poodle) £550!!! I told her she was nuts and helped her to find a lovely 4 year old poodle bitch that was looking for a pet home as her breeder was retiring from showing and moving to smaller housing. :)) The breeder was happy with just a token payment knowing that the dog would have a lovely happy home and her owner absolutely loves her to bits :thumbsup:

I have also heard of someone near me that breeds "Pugoliers" (pugs x cavs)

and also asks a tidy sum for them. :blink:

I havent seen a whipapoo but i see plenty of whip poo ;)

My Vet made us both laugh the other week , He had a client whod just bought a fourth generation labrodoodle (w00t) paid £650..00 too (w00t)

How is that possible ?

Would love to have seen his` mongrel `

Even a DJ said on Radio one shed love one as she thinks the name is great ang loves saying it !! :rant: Idiot (w00t)

Whippet X poodle, wouldn't it look bit like a Bedlington? :unsure:

We have had customers in the shop asking for a Labradoodle model. :blink:

Jenny

6 words...

too much money too little sense :wacko:

Seraphina said:
Whippet X poodle, wouldn't it look bit like a Bedlington?    :unsure:
Like this? As everyone seems to think Rafferty is part poodle anyway I may as well jump on the bandwaggon & say he's a designer "Whippiepoo" :- "

Wow you dog looks beautiful! :) Is it a bedlington terrier? i have only ever seen them with a 'show clip' so not too sure! What are they like. . . very different from Whippets?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back