The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

A Wolf In Sheep's Clothing

julie_s

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
sorry about the quality.... but you'll get the general gist!

cute video

Last edited by a moderator:
awwhhh how cute :wub: has ruby recovered from her soaking on sunday?are you going to manage this sunday? o:) hopefully the weather will be better :thumbsup:

bluesky said:
awwhhh how cute :wub: has ruby recovered from her soaking on sunday?are you going to manage this sunday? o:) hopefully the weather will be better :thumbsup:
Ruby got herself snuggled up in the back of the car on the way home :thumbsup: just the rest of us weren't so lucky! :lol:

I'm in two minds whether to come down this sunday or leave it til next the weekend. I'd really like to go to SKC to watch Indy win Best Puppy! :thumbsup: ... but then I need someone to look after Ruby while I'm in the show. I have an aunt in Kincardine but I'm not sure whether she'll be up for looking after the dog. So maybe I'll wait for the weather forecast for Sunday and then decide... we're soooo fair weather runners!

That is brilliant,, Is it your lamb Julie?? :wub:

Janimal said:
That is brilliant,, Is it your lamb Julie?? :wub:
Well we were just looking after him... here's the story.

I had spotted this lamb, in one of the fields near where we walk, just after he was born and realised after a day or so that that he wasn't doing very well. I suspect his mother couldn't feed him for some reason she kept walking away every time he got near her. He was determined tho' crawling along on his knees and she did seem to be protecting him, so i thought it best to leave them to it. But on the 3rd day I realised she had abandoned him. So unable to keep my nose out I went to have a look for him and spotted what I thought was his little body, but he was alive :thumbsup:

So that was it I had to try something... we got one of my own baby's bottles and some ewe replacement milk and fed him. We kept him for a few weeks until he was strong enough to manage on his own. Happily Shaun :shaun: (aka Baaaaaarry Gambol) has now been successfully adopted onto a sheep who lost a lamb.

However Ruby is distraught at losing him, she sat by the gate to the field with her head on one of the rungs waiting for him to come back for about a day :( she still goes to check if he's back.

I want to edit the above to say... we had permission from our neighbour to remove and feed the lamb!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back