The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

accident at Fordingbridge

rocky

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I am devastated to report that secretary Sarah and Johnny Smith's 8 month old Girly (Two Become One x Babeesha) has broken her leg whilst having her first ever training run. She was only a few yards chasing the lure when at the end her leg seemed to just fold under her and of course we all heard the horrible screaming. I will post further when I have more news. Within 10 minutes she was taken to a local vet so I have no information as to where or exactly how bad the break is at the moment. Of course training was stopped and we all came home. Sarah and Johnny have 50 mile journey to get home after they leave the vets at Fordingbridge so it will be evening before more news.

So sorry to hear of this terrible accident, hope she will be ok.....Pat

that is awful....i really hope the puppy is ok.

Sorry to hear the bad news I hope that all goes well and the pup makes a full recovery.

I hope the pup makes a speedy recovery - her owners must be devastated.

Get well soon Girly :luck:

A very sad sequel to this awful story. My tears will just not stop but Girlie has died. It was a very bad break, and the vet started an operation immediately but she died under the anaesetic. Such a pretty little girl who certainly didn't deserve this at 8 months old. Johnny and Sarah are devastated also their three little children who are in an awful state. I am sure all our thoughts and love is with them at this terrible time

omg ....that is awful :( (filling up whilst typing this.....they must be so heartbroken

send our condolances to the family please

Please pass on my condolances

RIP Little Girly xx

That horrible news ...please pass on our condolences

I think it must be something in the air ..as our pup Kay out of John Lee Hooker and GHD is in the vets too...Gaz had her up the field for a bit run about and shes hurt herself ...shes been free running for a few months now and very strong so it was a bit of a shock ....the vet thinks its her tibia crest ..but she wont be getting x-rayed till the morning ...

:( this is awful awful news my deepest sympathy goes to the family.

Dee I hope your pup is okay.

I have heard theres a dog at warrick hurt its self too...

yes, dee I had heard there was a dog at Warwick injured and had lost a lot of blood and been taken to a vet, but do not know who it was. Let us know if you hear anymore. Poor dog, I hope its not such a bad outcome as we have had at Fordingbridge.

I am sorry to hear that this little pup has died I know at a time like this it is hard but I hope in time that the family concerned feel better.

I hope everything goes well for your dog at the vet Dee. And I hope all goes well for the dog injured at Warwick.

I hope that this spell of bad injuries and dogs dieing soon comes to an end as last year was bad and this year has not started well.

I am so sorry to hear the pup has gone, condolances to the family..... ;)

A horrible weekend if you count Connors Lass yesterday. I hope everyone who is concerned feels better soon and everyone else remember to cuddle those whippy's extra close under the duvet tonight

So sorry to hear about your puppy, all our thoughts are with you at this very sad time for you and your family.

Very sorry to hear about the sad loss of girly. our thoughts are with you all

This is a most unfortunate thing to happen to anyone with a young pup, but i should think that this accident must be a very big blow to your girls as well as yourselves. Words are never nearly enough for us all to convey what we feel for you and for the rest of the family. I hope that time will heal the scar that will be left with you and although it will never be forgotten, it is hoped that it will become bearable for you all. John Meades

SO SORRY TO HEAR THE SAD NEWS IT MUST BE AN AWFULL FEELING WHEN SOMETHING LIKE THAT HAPPENS.

P.S. WHATS THE RESULT OF THE X-RAY DENISE

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back