The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Advice About Affixes Please

derbygirl

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi there, could you tell me if you have to get the breeders permission to put your affix as an addition. e.g. if I bought a dog from the Heaven kennel i.e. Heaven Scent, if I get an affix can I just add it - Heaven Scent at Locking. Are there any permissions payments etc or can I just do it on the next entry I make. Thanks, Nikki :cheers:

I presume your affix is registered with the kennel club (it needs to be).

If that's the case, you just fill in your dogs 'new' name and send it off to the KC - you use a special form that you can get from the KC (they sent me out some anyway when my affix was granted). The fee is £8 per dog and you do not need permission off your breeder :thumbsup:

Oh, and forgot to say - it only took about a week for their new names to come back approved, but if you enter any shows in the mean time, put NAF after the name on your entry form. :thumbsup:

Thankyou very much jok, thats just what I needed to know :thumbsup: nikki

Have you applied for an affix ( now known as `kennel name ) :b As it used to be quite a long process . :eek: and of course you have to pay EVERY year for its `upkeep`too :angry:

does that mean that if I got an affix, then got a show pup, I could 'tack' my kennel name on the back?

what if it sounds rubbish? :eek:

you breeders must be a nervous wreck when you sell your pups :unsure:

doris said:
does that mean that if I got an affix, then got a show pup, I could 'tack' my kennel name on the back?

Yes.

So Aphrael Aoife became Aphrael Aoife of Chelynnah

and Aphrael Caoilinn became Aphrael Caoilinn of Chelynnah

I like that we can do that as it identifies both the breeder by their affix, and the owner by theirs.

Wendy

If your kennel name was Doesme, & you had a fat arse. Could you show a dog called "Doesme Bum Look Biginthis"? :- "

Cartman said:
If your kennel name was Doesme, & you had a fat arse. Could you show a dog called "Doesme Bum Look Biginthis"? :- "
hey, did I leave my webcam open (w00t) :lol:

Cartman said:

Why didnt I think of that one :oops: :lol:

I nearly registered a dog as 'Satin Something' just realised in time (w00t)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back