The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Advice needed - how to trace a breeder?

bobbin&bear

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi, newby here!!! Does anyone know the best way to trace a breeder, ive been researching for sometime now, I thought maybe someone may have advice or even know who im referring too. I bought my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel a few years ago, I did not buy her direct from the breeder, she was 6 months old when I got her. The lady I bought her from said she would forward all the details onto me of the KC registration details. Well it never arrived and turns out she is not registered. I have a 5 generation pedigree history which from the research I have done checks out. The KC have said both mum and dad are registered with them but her litter in 2010 has not been registered. They told me if I want to register her I need the breeder to do this. Of course I will pay all the fees. The breeder I am looking for is from the 'Oakhaven' clan. Her mum is Oakhaven Carib. She maybe American. Anyone got any ideas?? ive come across lots of Oakhaven cavaliers but no contact details for the breeder. Any advice at all will be greatly appreciated. A

Just a thought but have you made enquiries via one of the CKCS Forums, or contacted the Breed Clubs to see if anyone can tell you who owns the Oakhaven Kennel name.

Jenny

Hi, newby here!!! Does anyone know the best way to trace a breeder, ive been researching for sometime now, I thought maybe someone may have advice or even know who im referring too. I bought my Cavalier King Charles Spaniel a few years ago, I did not buy her direct from the breeder, she was 6 months old when I got her. The lady I bought her from said she would forward all the details onto me of the KC registration details. Well it never arrived and turns out she is not registered. I have a 5 generation pedigree history which from the research I have done checks out. The KC have said both mum and dad are registered with them but her litter in 2010 has not been registered. They told me if I want to register her I need the breeder to do this. Of course I will pay all the fees. The breeder I am looking for is from the 'Oakhaven' clan. Her mum is Oakhaven Carib. She maybe American. Anyone got any ideas?? ive come across lots of Oakhaven cavaliers but no contact details for the breeder. Any advice at all will be greatly appreciated. A
I got my Poppy from same breeder blood lines
OakHaven got her in 2010

A pup from an "extra" litter maybe? It's odd otherwise that your pup is not registered. KC welfare rules limit the number of litters a bitch can have to 4. It's widely flouted - the fashion for designer crosses has seen to that.

Can you see how many registered litters the mother has?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back