The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Advice On Muzzles...

LasVegasNo1

Waiting for Telstra
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I need some advice on muzzles. Alfie has to wear a muzzle off lead as he can be a naughty boy with other dogs o:) . At the moment he wears the bog standard muzzle, which doesn't allow him much room to pant so I have to put him back on his lead often so I can relieve him of his muzzle.

I've seen some racing type muzzles, the KSPAD2 ON Jan's Gifts looks like the sort of thing I need, does anyone have one for their Whippet, I have no idea what size will fit a Whippet and have no shops near me to try any out...?

I meant to add I cannot get any sense of depth from the photo, what I would like is info on muzzles that allow a good.... pant?! lol

Thank in advance

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you want the whippet plastic box muzzle a lot of us use for racing (one size fits all, unlike the plastic coated wire ones which come in different sizes). The description on the link below explains that they allow dogs to pant etc.

Whippet box muzzle

You can get them in various colours. I had a black one off this person recently but they are only advertising white now however there are others on e bay and you can also get them from Greyhound Megastore, though they too didn't have a big choice of colours when I called them (no black). Hope that's what you're after. :thumbsup:

Thanks that is just what I need I think, and he will still be able to drink from the river... all I have to decide is red or white... :teehee: :wacko: o no wait I found a black one!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi

I have used the plastic ones to great effect. The dogs soon learn to drink with them on. They are not as robust as the wire ones but I do prefer them. I buy 2-3 at a time direct from the manufacturers http://www.midlandgreyhound.co.uk/index.html

Best price and a good company to buy from. They even do some in extra long length & lurcher size which is a godsend

hi can you say roughly what the price is on the muzzles please

I think I paid £4.50 each for the plastic Lurcher Muzzles about a year ago. I cannot remember what the whippet ones were. I ordered 3 as the postage cost for 1-3 worked out the same. A lot cheaper than eBay and available in standard and extra long length whippet and lurcher.

I also had one off midlandgreyhound.co.uk a few weeks back. It was the 'standard whippet muzzle' (plastic box muzzle). Their website shows no prices but it was £4.50 plus £2.50 p&p. It was a slightly softer plastic than ones I'd had before, so perhaps a little less protection if racing - but absolutely fine for what you want it for.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back