The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Allergies or Neurological?? 😭

zoeanne

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I have a Bernese mountain dog and he’s nearly 4. The last few weeks we have had issues with him biting his back end. He’s been treated with numerous things which have helped but the dry skin and scabs are still present. The last week or so he has been very sensitive in the spine area, to the point of when it’s touched he loses control in his back end. The vet has done bloods which were normal, given him pain relief and I give him antihistamine. He’s also been referred for an MRI as he’s doing something called fly snapping which I’ve read can be a sign of seizures? I would like to know if anyone has had similar issues with this in their dogs? I’m so worried as google is great and bad at the same time! He also does phantom scratching now and again, and when he’s resting. Thanks for reading

Hello and welcome. Sorry I have no helpful advice but I didn't want to read and run, I hope you find a solution.

I have no advice either, but hope you're able to get to the bottom of what's going on very soon.

Same here... I'm afraid I have no experience of this either,(other than to agree about googling things!!). Your vet sounds like he's on it though, fingers crossed you get some answers soon.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back