The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

An official introduction to my trio!

thedogsbeforetime

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I haven't really done an introduction to my three, that includes pictures. So, here are my crazy, monsters of boys!

Chomper is my almost 4 year old (his birthday is in March) Miniature Australian Shepherd. He has changed my whole world and has turned me onto the breed for life - he's everything I could have asked for in a dog.

Next we have Little Foot. He is my 3 year old American Staffordshire Terrier mix! I did a DNA test on him a couple months ago, through Embark, and he primarily has Staffy in him - but also got crossed on his mother's side with Australian Cattle Dog and Australian Shepherd; and small breeds on his father's side, including Pekingese and Chihuahua. I adopted him from a foster based rescue a couple states away from me, and he made the 13 hour trip to me, thanks to his foster home and another friend, who I'd met on another dog forum that used to be very active! His mother was found as a pregnant stray, and his foster home decided to foster her and the puppies through the rescue, and seeing those cute puppies updates made me one day decide to ask, "can we get one up here to Wisconsin"? :oops:

Lastly, we have Petrie! Petrie is somewhere around 2/3 years old. I have a timeline of his age, but don't know his official birthday. He is a Chihuahua x Dachshund mix, and I got him when he was said to be 6 months old. I saw him on a local rehome group on Facebook, and was naughty and decided I wanted to get him when I didn't quite need another pet. :p I spoke with the person who claimed to be trying to rehome him, and she fed me a good bit of lies, I'd learn once I got him. This friendly, cuddly dog she claimed to be giving me - ended up being extremely fearful, had worms, and what appeared to be no socialization. He wouldn't let us even go near him without peeing himself and I honestly have never been so stressed with a dog until I got him. Even now, he is still tense around us, after being with us for at least two years, but he's really turned around. I am really glad I had other dogs with him, as it made a world of a difference in getting him used to being a cared for dog. My opinion, is this wasn't a woman rehoming a dog for a friend like claimed, because after I got Petrie, this same woman started posting several litters of puppies for sale of different mixes. But, the past is the past and now I have a pretty nice little dog, even if he's still learning and has some work needed! :cool:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back