The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

An oily skin/ oily hair problem.

BT54

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Dear All,

I am bec and live in Turkiye.
I have a friend, he is 4 years old male Rottweiler.
We are facing some problems with my friends health during last 10 days.
When i was looking for google results, i ve found that page.
İ thought perhaps i could hear some of your precious opinions/comments.

8 days ago, he had started to having diarrhoea.
After 2 days he started to get better.
I think now he is better, but yesday evening i d noticed that he has a skin or some other problem, right under his left ear area.
(Attaced the photos, photos are not clear due to bad performance of my phones camera under low light cond. Excuse me, tomorrow im going to place more clear photos for sure)

On this area all the hairs looking oily, and has a specific smell. Seems like his skin releasing some kind of oil or a liquid.
And skin was looking like get irritated.
I am not vet or i dont have any knowledge for that that is why i wanted to hear you.
I checked but i was not able to see any wound or blister / open wound.
Please excuse me for my language errors.

Thank you in advance

Bec

Attachments

• IMG_20200812_222618.jpg
    IMG_20200812_222618.jpg
    433 KB · Views: 164
  • IMG_20200812_222534.jpg
    IMG_20200812_222534.jpg
    666.2 KB · Views: 173
  • IMG_20200812_222441.jpg
    IMG_20200812_222441.jpg
    954.1 KB · Views: 214
Could it be a discharge from his ear?

Could it be a discharge from his ear?
Yes also ı tried to check it yesterday evening
The hairs was looking dry, but need to double check it tomorrow morning under sun light.

At first also i thought if it is a ear discharge, but when check it with my eyes, the area between was dry. And if it is discharge from ear, i think amount is quite a lot.

I d like to update the situation.
Unfortunately problem went even worse so i called the vet, i guess we need to get prof help asap.
He is full busy today thus The vet will visit us tomorrow early morning.

Please see the photos from this morning.
Unfortunately now it is a open wound. Vet saw the photos but he could not say any exact thing so we need to wait till tomorrow morning.

Thank you all

Attachments

• 1382061.jpg
    1382061.jpg
    351.8 KB · Views: 223
  • rks1382051.jpg
    rks1382051.jpg
    381.7 KB · Views: 181
  • rks1382041.jpg
    rks1382041.jpg
    422.2 KB · Views: 174
My goodness that developed fast. Glad you have a vet appointment, please let us know how it goes.

Ouch! I wonder if it's an abcess that has been brewing under the skin and has just started to 'leak'? My longhaired cat once had an abcess on his back and I didn't realise there was any problem at all till it burst, revealing two puncture wounds from a bite. He was fine after a course of antibiotics.

I hope your lad will be fine.

Good luck for tomorrow and I hope it's something simple. Looks like he might have had a thorn or grass seed in there, that caused an abscess as JudyN has said.

Hi again,

The vet visited us and carried out examination.
He just told us that no any abcess so far but it is a fungal infection.
After the examniation, the vet made 2 different injections. And told me that i will need to do wound care with batticon( as far as iconcerned batticon should be commercial name of tinture iodine solution in Tr)
He did not need any surgical operation so far.

We will foolow up the situation durin next 4 weeks.
Hopefully vets is right for diagnosis&treatmen plan on our problem.

İ will try to update the topic if we had a major development

Really thank your for your wishes.

Regards
Bec

I'm glad you have an answer and hope the problem clears up very soon!

I hope he heals quickly, and that you are feeling better too now that you know what the problem is.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back