The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Anxious french bulldog

Kemp

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi can anyone help, I have a 2 year old frenchie amazing dog only had 7 months but really hates being left alone. We are his 3rd home not through him, first was from puppy, second brought as companion for another dog, didn work out now us. His nature is amazng loves being with you just not on his own. I know it may take time but anything that could help i just wish he'd understsnd he is not going anyway and we will always come back. Even at night he will sleep the night until about 4am to 5am then start howling and even mess in my kitchen also howls when we go out in day. Anyone used anything that actually helps. Thanks

Separation anxiety is a behaviour that a lot of dogs display. I recommend you access Emma Judson's "The Flitting Game" for lots of very helpful tips. We might have a pinned thread on this as well, if you have a look around the site.

With the early howling - maybe he needs to go out. How about you take him out, then settle him back with a dog biscuit? Or maybe he could sleep in your room in a crate.

Have a read of the stickied article on separation anxiety here: Separation anxiety

Hopefully that will help, but do come back and ask if you have further questions :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back