The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Anyone No Of Shows This Weekend

alialiali

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Im in West Sussex and fancy going to a show two this weekend 31st / 1st....I have Lurchers and Whippets, and cant get hold of a countrymans weekly anywhere, are there any lists of shows I could look through on any sites, I don't mind traveling ...thanks, :D This is my whippet Jimmy trying to look posh!!.. I have a Weaton / Whippet and a Bedlington / Whippet too.

Jimmy..jpg

The next show that I know of is Brockenhurst on the 15th of April, I think that it is a reasonable distance from West Sussex. I am afraid I don't have any more details.

hi alialiali we are going to the kent game fair this sunday and taking our beddie whippet x with us so she can enter her first lurcher show!!!!! the show is on from saturday 31st march to sunday 1st april although the the lurcher and terrier shows are only on the sunday which is why we are going then there is plenty going on both days so we are hoping for drt weather ! hope this info is of use to you the show is on at the kent county showground,maidstone,kent :thumbsup: :D

Hi Tessa, I went to the show, but could only make Saturday, it was still good though, how did you get on with your Bitch. :luck: :luck:

alialiali said:
Hi Tessa, I went to the show, but could only make Saturday, it was still good though, how did you get on with your Bitch. :luck:   :luck:
hi alialiali glad to see that you made the show we had a great day sunday honey didnt win any prizes though as she didnt like the judge touching her mouth to look at her teeth!!!!!!!!! poor honey i dont think shes cut out for showing i think she is just happy to be a couch potatoe and a rabbit chaser! no rossetts but hubby came back with a new toy(another gun!!!)and our son had a shooting lesson and guess what now he wants his own shotgun like his dad,and what did i get not the puppy lurcher that i wanted but a pair of bloody garden gloves!!!!!!!!!! its so unfair :D

Oh well its the being there that counts !! :- "

Do you no the dates for the Thames show, someone PMd me to say its on but I have no other details, such as the day the lurcher show is on or where it is even,

Good luck next time, maybe it was that particular judge she diddnt like!!

alialiali said:
Do you no the dates for the Thames show, someone PMd me to say its on but I have no other details, such as the day the lurcher show is on or where it is even,

Thame Country Fair is on over Easter weekend, Sat, Sun & Mon. Lurcher showing & racing takes place on all 3 days. It's advertised in Countryman's Weekly, run by Lurcherworld, I think showing starts about 11.30 am.

Thame is in Oxfordshire, just off the M40 junctions 6 or 7, Thame showground is on the A4129.

If you "google" Living Heritage shows, click on the Thame link it gives you a map also tells you all the other things happening at the fair. Hope this helps you.

mao said:
alialiali said:

Thame Country Fair is on over Easter weekend, Sat, Sun & Mon. Lurcher showing & racing takes place on all 3 days. It's advertised in Countryman's Weekly, run by Lurcherworld, I think showing starts about 11.30 am.

Thame is in Oxfordshire, just off the M40 junctions 6 or 7, Thame showground is on the A4129.

If you "google" Living Heritage shows, click on the Thame link it gives you a map also tells you all the other things happening at the fair. Hope this helps you.

Oops just read that you're having problems getting the Countrymans Weekly. Lurcherworld have a website which lists the classes at their shows & future events are also listed.

Other websites to try are Countryman Fairs, they have lurcher shows also East Anglia Jack Russell Club organise several shows. I'm sure other people will list more for you.

Thankyou, Ill get onto it and I will go to Thames, it sounds like fun. :cheers:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back