The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Archie Off And I Can't Bear It!

clairerichard

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Well tomorrow we will being saying farewell to our lad Archie. I feel sick at the thought of it. We have endless conversations here with anyone who will listen about how we could meet his needs. Unfortunately it all comes back to the same thing - we can't.

Oh God now I'm crying again!!!!! I will miss my boisterous bundle x

chin up you are a good careing owner doing what is right for your family

and archie :huggles: I know its easy to say but we all have to make decisions

at times in our lives. things are taken out of our hands but a good cry sometimes

helps.If you are happy with the lady who is taking archie Im sure he will be very

happy its surprising how soon they settle :huggles:

wishing you and your family all the very best take care :huggles:

clairerichard said:
Well tomorrow we will being saying farewell to our lad Archie. I feel sick at the thought of it. We have endless conversations here with anyone who will listen about how we could meet his needs. Unfortunately it all comes back to the same thing - we can't.Oh God now I'm crying again!!!!! I will miss my boisterous bundle x

How very tough for you, sending hugs ... but it sounds as if not fair on either him or your husband, you are probably doing the right thing for all of you, even though it hurts ... you have enough on your plate already without having to worry about a young dog too ...

it must be awful for you , but he'll be fine whippies have such strong little characters Archie is going on an adventure :wub: he'll have to change hands a couple of times on his journey but he'll be with lovely caring whippie people all the way :huggles: and he will soon settle in to his new forever home :teehee:

:luck: :luck: GOOD LUCK ARCHIE :luck: :luck:

I really feel for you but at least this way you'll be able to keep in touch and know he's ok and that's a fantastic outcome. My brother struggled for 2 years with a dog that was unsuitable for his family (I know this is a different situation), because he wanted to know he'd done his best to solve it but it made things all the more traumatic when he did have to say good-bye.

Of course you will miss him, and cry for him, but you know it's what's best for him and your family. You should rest easy knowing you have done the right thing sooner rather than making it even worse on yourselves by putting it off :huggles: :luck: I can't even imagine how you must be feeling, because when I try to, I start crying myself... :b

carenza said:
clairerichard said:
Well tomorrow we will being saying farewell to our lad Archie. I feel sick at the thought of it. We have endless conversations here with anyone who will listen about how we could meet his needs. Unfortunately it all comes back to the same thing - we can't.Oh God now I'm crying again!!!!! I will miss my boisterous bundle x

How very tough for you, sending hugs ... but it sounds as if not fair on either him or your husband, you are probably doing the right thing for all of you, even though it hurts ... you have enough on your plate already without having to worry about a young dog too ...

Don't worry claire we will always care for him

can you empty your pm box???

Fiona

I admire you for doing the right thing for your puppy. Hope it all goes well tomorrow. Eleanor

Good luck. :luck: It will be tough for the first week or so, but once you start getting those reports from his new owners about how he's settling in you'll feel so much better, and will feel reassured you've done the right thing. :huggles:

I feel so sad for you, you and your family are going through so much, but I'm glad that you have found such a wonderful home for your lad and you'll be able to keep up with how he is doing in his new home, he'll be fine, but you already know that.

I send many good wishes, prayers and luck to your whole family :huggles:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back