The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Are Racing Achievements Recognised?

kirislin

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I'm wondering if a pedigree racing whippets achievements are recognised by the governing canine authority in the UK. Meaning would it's title be then printed on it's pedigree like showing achievements are. Does that make sense?

Linda

I don't know a lot about it Krislin but as far as I know if the dog becomes a Whippet racing champion it goes down on their pedigree as WRCH in red much like the showing champion goes on the ped, I could be wrong because I haven't got any :lol:

*Lesley* said:
I don't know a lot about it Krislin but as far as I know if the dog becomes a Whippet racing champion it goes down on their pedigree as WRCH in red much like the showing champion goes on the ped, I could be wrong because I haven't got any :lol:

:oops: sorry should have read Kirislin

The Kennel Club doesn't recognise racing titles but it does allow the Whippet club to bestow them on our wonderful dogs via their sub-committee - The Whippet Club Racing Association. To rest of the world though, they are still unofficial titles.

There has been talk in the past of getting them recognised by the KC. Its a nice idea but when you look into it, it would mean that the KC would get to control all aspects of racing which would affect the rules and costs. I don't think we would like it. Imagine paying the same to enter a dog for racing as you do for a show (w00t)

Thanks for your answers. It would be nice if it was recognised but yes I agree Judy, you wouldn't want them controlling it.

Pity something cant be worked out. I wonder what the situation is in Europe. Don't they have to prove themselves on the track as well in France? I think I've heard something like that.

Linda

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back