The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Arnie The Wonder Dog!

Myfairlady

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Have been offerig Arnie walks everyday. Some days he wants to go, other days he doesn't and as Jane rightly said 'he's been through a tough time and he's getting on a bit,so he may not want to go'! With that in mind, I haven't pushed him.

Yesterday we walked to the local field and I let him off (been very wary of doing this, as he has a tendency to fall when he runs up the bank or goes too fast!)....anyway, I let him off and he bobbed along looking really pleased with himself....he fell a few times but I picked him up with his harness and he was fine.

Half way round the field he stopped and layed down...My heart sank, I thought he was feeling the effects of the walk....I couldn't have been more wrong...he rolled in the damp grass until he was wet all over! I walked up to him and asked what he was doing...he rolled and rolled and rolled..his tongue was out and he was loving it! I cried!

My boy rolled in the grass like he was a pup! He got really dirty and really wet! Just like he used to!

Im so proud of him....just wanted to share it!

p.s for those of you reading this that don't know...Arnie had a leg amputated 2nd Jan.

Last edited by a moderator:
and what a star he is too :wub: bless him aim sure he will continue to have many more happy walks too he is lucky to have such a lovely mummy :huggles:

Thats such a lovely little story, good for you Arnie ..... 'Roll and be mucky' :D

He's such a nice lad :)) ,,I just wish I could meet him in the flesh,,,yep the wonder dog :thumbsup: .

He's the k9 community staffie dog,,that we have all grown to love :thumbsup:

It's amazing how they cope on 3 legs,,they just get on with it,,not like us human's :unsure:

Roll on the smelly stuff Arnie,,good god I can smell you from here (w00t)

What a heartwarming story - so glad your beautiful boy is enjoying his life with you. You deserve each other :huggles:

He's the k9 community staffie dog,,that we have all grown to love :thumbsup:

Awwww, thank you so much!!!!

I'm just so proud of him. I'm also surprised at how much attention he gets now (both good and bad!). Some people just stare open mouthed without a word, while others are intrigued and ask a ton of questions...and then you get the teenagers who mimic him and then don't have a word to say when he goes over to them!

Life with Arnie has always been a wonderful adventure and him losing a leg hasn't changed him one bit!

Yes You do get the looks from people,,when we were in Devon in 1995,,I got a t-shirt made for myself,,on it it said

Yes my dog has 3 legs,,but you only have 2.

Ive still got it now (w00t) ,,but dont wear it .

With whippets,,you get the ohh and ahh,,with staffies you will get the stupid idiots out there so dont listen to them :thumbsup:

Arnie is the k9 community staffie,,who has more legs than me :*

Yes staffies get the hard end of the stick,,due to the recent dog attacks,,but they not all like that,,,I know this after meeting Tanyia's dog (Pauline),,a few years back,,she let the kids pet him (Krugar) and I was still a bit scared of him,,,just the thought of petting a staffie,,it got to me for about 5 mins,,and he was a wee lamb :wub: ,,the side we dont see in staffies.

Does Arnie still smell bad,,as I cant smell him now :teehee:

Way to go, Arnie!!!!! :D :wub:

We all need a little lift sometimes and it sounds as though Arnie has given you the perfect tonic, Sarah :thumbsup: What a lad :D

Dogs are so amazing - wonderful to hear he's happy and enjoying himself after all he's been through :wub:

WTG Arnie! :luck:

bless him sarah, thank god he wasn't rolling in anything smelly :x

i am so pleased that he is getting back to his old self, he is a legend to all us who has read about him from the very beginning, and i feel for you too you've been through a hell of alot and now you have your boy back lol

Yes You do get the looks from people,,when we were in Devon in 1995,,I got a t-shirt made for myself,,on it it said
Yes my dog has 3 legs,,but you only have 2.

Ive still got it now (w00t) ,,but dont wear it .

With whippets,,you get the ohh and ahh,,with staffies you will get the stupid idiots out there so dont listen to them :thumbsup:

Arnie is the k9 community staffie,,who has more legs than me :*

Yes staffies get the hard end of the stick,,due to the recent dog attacks,,but they not all like that,,,I know this after meeting Tanyia's dog (Pauline),,a few years back,,she let the kids pet him (Krugar) and I was still a bit scared of him,,,just the thought of petting a staffie,,it got to me for about 5 mins,,and he was a wee lamb :wub: ,,the side we dont see in staffies.

Does Arnie still smell bad,,as I cant smell him now :teehee:
Susan, Arnie seems to know when people are afraid of him. He stays very close to the ground and rolls over or lays down. He does this with all children too!

Thanks for all the positive replies to this mail. We have been through a lot but he seems to be doing okay. STill have no final results but trying not to think about it for now.

Lovely to read the story about him rolling around, those are precious moments. Thank you for sharing. :)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back