The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bald patch on my Westie

Laurens21

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi my 15 week old puppy has slowly had thinning of the hair on a patch on his front leg, it is going bald now. There is no redness or irritation to it.

I have only seen him bite at it once and doesn't seem to bother him.

He is a westie

Any advice please

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi!

Westies are known to have skin problems. As I found out from my dog just because you don't see them chew does not mean they're not chewing.

It could be as something as simple as a flea allergy or more complex like an allergy to food or dust.

It may even be doggy dry skin.

I would consult your vets and ask them to take a look and they will be able to provide the best advice.

Good luck!

Hello Laurens 21,

Skin problems are usually from feeding a commercial petfood with "inappropriate" ingredients, reactions to vaccinations or to flea / heartworm pestiicides.

You should also have the name of a good allopathic vet who is qualified to practice holistic / veterinary.

If you want to fill me in on all the above, I can give you a hand.

Roger Biduk

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back