The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Banned

Lolcoe

Pink Knickered
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Having read my local paper at the weekend, I was a bit shocked that this now famous local breeder has been banned.

Blimey...does his win still count :blink: Local press

is Crufts a KC evet ? if so he shouldn't have been allowed in !!!!

Having read my local paper at the weekend, I was a bit shocked that this now famous local breeder has been banned.
Blimey...does his win still count :blink: Local press
From reading the neswpaper report, it would seem that this man was banned from showing when he won. It will be interesting to see what happens.

We in Australia will be disappointed if the first Australian bred dog to win BIS at Crufts will be stripped of his award but, as I read it, he should be. :unsure:

I thought this was a different handler than the one who handled the dog at Crufts...but maybe very wrong...I usually am!

The breeder of the BIS dog has been banned. At Crufts he was shown by a professional handler who normally handles the dog.

IMO if you can't stand being beaten, don't show dogs, horses, pigs, cattle or sheep!!!!!!!!! Or babies. lol

Although he should of been keel hauled, the KC meeting was not till after Crufts.

According to the article, the hearing which imposed the ban was four days after Crufts.

If it was before would it make any difference who was the handler? I am quite sure that here it is the ownership that counts. If a person gets banned all the dogs registered in their name are ineligible to be shown or bred from, and cannot be transferred to another name. Of-course, the handler must also be have current and valid membership of the KC.

According to the article, the hearing which imposed the ban was four days after Crufts.
If it was before would it make any difference who was the handler? I am quite sure that here it is the ownership that counts. If a person gets banned all the dogs registered in their name are ineligible to be shown or bred from, and cannot be transferred to another name. Of-course, the handler must also be have current and valid membership of the KC.

i dont think he loose his best in show at crufts as it was four days after crufts it would be a shame if the dog looses top honours due to his unsporting owner

i dont think he loose his best in show at crufts as it was four days after crufts it would be a shame if the dog looses top honours due to his unsporting owner
YOU ARE ALL WRONG, A THE DOG WILL NOT HAVE HIS BIS AWARD TAKEN AWAY. B THE DOG IS OWNED BY MRS N CRAGG ( AUSTRALIA) AND MRS KATHERINE ARMSTRONG (UK) C IT WAS NOT A PROFRESSIONAL HANDLER. HE IS A FAMILY FRIEND WHO HAS A TOP KENNEL OF WELSH SPRINGER SPANIELS. D THE KC HEARING WAS ON THE 18th MARCH AND THE TWELVE MONTH BAN APPLIES FROM THAT DATE.

YOU ARE ALL WRONG, A THE DOG WILL NOT HAVE HIS BIS AWARD TAKEN AWAY. B THE DOG IS OWNED BY MRS N CRAGG ( AUSTRALIA) AND MRS KATHERINE ARMSTRONG (UK) C IT WAS NOT A PROFRESSIONAL HANDLER. HE IS A FAMILY FRIEND WHO HAS A TOP KENNEL OF WELSH SPRINGER SPANIELS. D THE KC HEARING WAS ON THE 18th MARCH AND THE TWELVE MONTH BAN APPLIES FROM THAT DATE.

yes, miawhip you are quite correct in what you said. all others please note.

yes, miawhip you are quite correct in what you said. all others please note.
???????

Most of us said exactly the same! :wacko:

As I and others said; the ban was imposed 4 days after Crufts and so it would start from then. It cannot be applied retrospectively.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back