The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Barf Diet

jok

Jo - Citycroft
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing as me....

I changed Chloe over to BARF in December last year after previously feeding her on complete. The physical change in her has been amazing - scurffy, itchy skin has cleared, her coat is very glossy and her acne (forgotten the veterinary term) has completely cleared too (it was very nasty before).

However, it just struck me yesterday - i have noticed a big improvement in her behaviour. Obviously she still enjoys galloping round on walks, but she is so much calmer and more wellbehaved in the house. Her occassional destructive fits (eg destroying her bed) have completed stopped and she just seems more relaxed and chilled out.

Could this be anything to do with her new diet, or do you think it's purely a coincidence? Incidently she is coming up to 3, so it's not like she's just out of puppihood. If it is linked to BARF, i can only say that it is another wonderful benefit. The only other change she's had is having her new friend, Frankie! :huggles:

Does anyone else have similar observations??

We noticed all those changes as well when we changed over about 12 months ago,

The dogs are less hyper by have more energy they respond better to commands ect.

jok said:
I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed the same thing as me....
I changed Chloe over to BARF in December last year after previously feeding her on complete.  The physical change in her has been amazing - scurffy, itchy skin has cleared, her coat is very glossy and her acne (forgotten the veterinary term) has completely cleared too (it was very nasty before).

However, it just struck me yesterday - i have noticed a big improvement in her behaviour.  Obviously she still enjoys galloping round on walks, but she is so much calmer and more wellbehaved in the house.  Her occassional destructive fits (eg destroying her bed) have completed stopped and she just seems more relaxed and chilled out.

Could this be anything to do with her new diet, or do you think it's purely a coincidence?  Incidently she is coming up to 3, so it's not like she's just out of puppihood.  If it is linked to BARF, i can only say that it is another wonderful benefit.  The only other change she's had is having her new friend, Frankie! :huggles:

Does anyone else have similar observations??

Yes i must say a marked improvement all round, no scurf, no itchiness, lovely white teeth, boundless energy, calm in the house, relaxed to the point were rigormortice could be setting in, boy am i glad i changed to Barf, ive a good mind to put my dog on it, :- " wa heyyyyyy

:thumbsup:

can anybody recomend an age a puppy could go over to a barf diet.at the moment hes on pedegree puppy.

tony b said:
can anybody recomend an age a puppy could go over to a barf diet.at the moment hes on pedegree puppy.

Tony, the FAQ section has a lot on BARF. The BARF website http://www.ukbarfclub.co.uk/ also has loads of good info. I'll think you'll find that your pup can go over to BARF at any age :thumbsup:

tony b said:
hi Tony,i started to wean my puppies just under 3 weeks old on raw minced beef.

After a few days of this,i started to mix raw tripe in.I will gradually introduce veggies & then at about 6 weeks old,they will be given the end of a raw chicken wing.

So basically,the sooner they go onto barf,the better :thumbsup:

The reason that a dog's behaviour changes is because they have rid their bodies from all the nasty toxins that are in their system & which can make them hyper.& of course most of the health problems disappear too! :thumbsup:

Mally,where are you???? I'm sure you'd like to comment on this as you've just changed your dogs over ;)

[

hi Tony,i started to wean my puppies just under 3 weeks old on raw minced beef.

After a few days of this,i started to mix raw tripe in.I will gradually introduce veggies & then at about 6 weeks old,they will be given the end of a raw chicken wing.

So basically,the sooner they go onto barf,the better
default_thumbsup.gif'

The reason that a dog's behaviour changes is because they have rid their bodies from all the nasty toxins that are in their system & which can make them hyper.& of course most of the health problems disappear too! :thumbsup: Mally,where are you???? I'm sure you'd like to comment on this as you've just changed your dogs over ;)

Hi Debs, i thought that would probably be the reason. I suppose it's like feeding your kids a load of E numbers and then stopping doing it! The change in Chloe is really remarkable, i just didn't expect the behavioural change as well as the health benefits. Im glad you gave me a push in the right direction - thanks :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: i agree...i think its fab....even the cooked nature diet/menu too cos its all natural and 60-70% meat :thumbsup: (although mine do have james wellbeloved down at all times too)

I changed my dogs over to the barf diet nearly a week ago and in the short time they've been on it i've noticed a change in both of my whippets they seem more relaxed and better behaved. It's a little more work but i'm sure it's worth it in the long run at least your dogs are more healthy.I was a little unsure at first but i think it's the best thing i've done for my dogs.

midlanderkeith said:
Yes i must say a marked improvement all round, no scurf, no itchiness, lovely white teeth, boundless energy, calm in the house, relaxed to the point were rigormortice could be setting in, boy am i glad i changed to Barf, ive a good mind to put my dog on it, :- "  wa heyyyyyy                                  :thumbsup:

PMSL (w00t)

Mine have been better since taking them OFF BARF. Having said that though, I wasn't feeding it properly and that was apparently the problem - I only fed the frozen AMP meats and veg and in the morning gave them tinned and mixer. So for the moment we are back on complete because I can't afford all the raw meat and bones etc, can barely afford to feed myself (w00t) When times are less hard (oh poor me :lol: ) I reckon I'll get myself a good book and have a go at doing BARF properly.

I did read a post a bit ago about someone who had a mincer for chicken wings, can anyone remember? Thats my main problem, I'm not comfortable with giving the full bone.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back