The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Basil's Babies.

peony

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Well, last night, Socks, Basil's latest wife, gave birth to 11 strapping pups. :wub: :wub: :wub:

Sock's mum is slightly overwhelmed but tells me all are doing well and that there are at least 5 bitches in the litter, which range from black, through a grey brindle, to fawn. I am rather pathetically excited about the whole thing and shall post pics as soon as I get them .....................................I just want to go and see them all and have some of those wonderfully snugglesome puppy moments! :huggles:

Can any of you knowledgable lot tell me which of the parents is responsible for the size of the litter? Flora, Basils last wife, also had 11, so I kind of thought it might be Basils doing, yet Socks mum says its all down to the bitch, but was it merely a coincidence???

Rottie here....

Yep we are grandparents again.... ! ! ! ! !

Basil seems totally unaffected by this, I'll take him to one side later and break it to him gently that his christmas list has gone up by 11 to 21 kids lol

poor boy... hes gonna need a part time job after this :b

good luck to Jonothan and Annabelle and all the new kids ! ! ! ! ! :huggles:

Congrats! They sound gorgeous...looking forward to seeing the pics. Well done Basil..you studmuffin :lol: :thumbsup:

NatalieMc said:
Congrats! They sound gorgeous...looking forward to seeing the pics. Well done Basil..you studmuffin  :lol:   :thumbsup:
(w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

Well done on the new clan.....

Excellent news 8) Cant wait for pictures :thumbsup:

cant belive i missed this

wow basil whoe`s clever daddy then

11 new baby`s (again)

WELL DONE :huggles: :thumbsup:

At last .......................finally got the chance to visit Socks and Basils babies tonight; they are sooooooooooo cute :wub: :wub: :wub: .

Socks is looking brilliant, considering she has 11 kids to support and seems to have taken to the role of mother really well.

The pups are now 2 weeks old and have open eyes and those sea legs which make me go all squirmy :* There are 6 girls and 5 boys and they vary from black with white toes and tippy tails, through brindle to a pale minky colour. I will try to get pictures as they grow up, but here is one for starters.

sockspups2weeks.jpg

Lovely to see them :thumbsup: Look forward to more photos, brindle at the back looks quite distictive :wub:

The pups are by my dog Basil, who is beddie/whippet x irish terrier/greyhound, out of Socks, who is a collie/ greyhound cross. Both parents stand at 28" so the kids should be a nice size.

If anyone knows anyone who might want one, please pm me.

peony said:
The pups are by my dog Basil, who is beddie/whippet x irish terrier/greyhound, out of Socks, who is a collie/ greyhound cross. Both parents stand at 28" so the kids should be a nice size.
If anyone knows anyone who might want one, please pm me.

Tentative approach...What are the parents like in disposition? Have you posted photos of the parents anywhere?

I'm tempted to say I'm interested, but you are so far away from me - and I was really looking for a re-homer. I will keep checking out their progress on these pages. They all look so appealing.

I did a bit of digging and found photos of 'dad'. He's just lovely. Do any of the pups ever end up with his colouring?

Last edited by a moderator:
lovely photos of the pups

basil is a darling loves a cuddle

cant wait to see this litter growing up

are you having one caroline?

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back