The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bath time indeed!!

Jack-Russell-Lover

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
I think this is the dirtiest Rox has ever been! She went off to do her thing and I suddenly heard this squelching noise....gross! Plus she rolled in fox poo!

Needless to say she had a bath as soon as we got home, not only to get rid of the mud but to put my mind at ease about Alabama rot since we went to a wooded area...even her harness and collar had to have a rinse off!... It was a lovely walk! :)

IMG_20181003_123357.jpg

IMG_20181003_132922.jpg

Please share your dirty dog photos! :)

Rox looks like shes had a great time! And looks lovely and clean :rolleyes: its very rare i get a dirty whippet only when they roll in something disgusting!

Yeah, she had a blast! Yeah, they have very short hair so less chance of getting muddy I guess! Lucky you! Haha, Rox doesn't really get mucky alot, only when we go for off lead walks and she finds mud or puddles..or in the winter when the roads are really wet, because she's so small it flicks onto her legs and belly

One good thing about Welshies is that they really are very weather and mud resistant. It tends to dry and fall off Harri during a walk so a bit of a rinse and he's good to go.

However there was this one time he mistook a pond covered in duckweed for grass. He stank and yes a bath was required!
IMG_3745.JPG

Awwww! Bless him, that must have been a shock for him, hehehe. Does he like water or is he a wimp? Rox is a bit of a wimp, I don't think she realised how deep that mud was today!

Havent found a proper mud puddle in ages despite our hikes which is a shame because Bax does enjoy a good wade and i tend to indulge him. that being said he hasnt had a bath in probably 2 years at least o_O still smells good, still white coat, just not bathed recently. how often do you guys bath (barring a mud puddle incident)

Also love seeing that terrier face, I'm such a sucker for terriers even though they dont fit my lifestyle at all. i 100% think me and my dog would be happiest if i just had a pug or something small to sleep on my couch all day. Bax takes it like a champ and does his best but i think hed be happier with a more active owner.

Jasper's never had a bath. I haven't even hosed him down - if I'm watering the garden and he gets a bit of spray on him he'll rush indoors like there's a swarm of bees trying to fly up his bum so I'd hate him to think I did it on purpose!

The mud does tend to drop off him though, and he smells just fine.

Havent found a proper mud puddle in ages despite our hikes which is a shame because Bax does enjoy a good wade and i tend to indulge him. that being said he hasnt had a bath in probably 2 years at least o_O still smells good, still white coat, just not bathed recently. how often do you guys bath (barring a mud puddle incident)

Also love seeing that terrier face, I'm such a sucker for terriers even though they dont fit my lifestyle at all. i 100% think me and my dog would be happiest if i just had a pug or something small to sleep on my couch all day. Bax takes it like a champ and does his best but i think hed be happier with a more active owner.

Two years? Wow! That's true with some dogs, they just don't really need a bath!
Unfortunately not the case with Roxy because even if she doesn't find stuff to run or roll in she still needs regular baths (roughly every 2-3 weeks) with a special shampoo for her allergies :( otherwise she just scratches like mad and gets bald patches!
Terriers are beautiful! It's a shame you feel that way, but I'm sure he's happy as he is, would he like you to be around more during the day? Sure! But as long as when you are home he's getting physical and mental stimulation :)
Have you thought of getting a dog sitter to take him for a afternoon walks on the weekdays?

Jasper's never had a bath. I haven't even hosed him down - if I'm watering the garden and he gets a bit of spray on him he'll rush indoors like there's a swarm of bees trying to fly up his bum so I'd hate him to think I did it on purpose!

The mud does tend to drop off him though, and he smells just fine.

That's so lucky! I suppose it's because of his short hair you can just let it dry :) just as well since he's scared of water! Haha!

So he rolled in bonfire ash. Luckily it was coldView attachment 111977433 l

Awww bless him! Interesting thing to roll in!

Two years? Wow! That's true with some dogs, they just don't really need a bath!
Unfortunately not the case with Roxy because even if she doesn't find stuff to run or roll in she still needs regular baths (roughly every 2-3 weeks) with a special shampoo for her allergies :( otherwise she just scratches like mad and gets bald patches!
Terriers are beautiful! It's a shame you feel that way, but I'm sure he's happy as he is, would he like you to be around more during the day? Sure! But as long as when you are home he's getting physical and mental stimulation :)
Have you thought of getting a dog sitter to take him for a afternoon walks on the weekdays?
im less worried about his extended time alone (he seems to just shut down and snooze away the day) and more about when i AM there actually. he loves his hikes so much and we go so rarely. our daily walk around the block (1-2 miles) hardly does him justice. i feel like i was given a porsche and just toddle to the store and back again in it. hes okay with just the odd hike but he THRIVES on action. he loved agility, delighted in nose work.... and i just dont do much with him.

When Taz has been chasing and playing and ends up hot, she willl just go and wallow like a hippo in the coolest liquid she can find. This can range from disgusting, smelly ditches to gloopy mud puddles.
If the nice clear stream is nearest, she’ll lay down in that - much nicer ;)

im less worried about his extended time alone (he seems to just shut down and snooze away the day) and more about when i AM there actually. he loves his hikes so much and we go so rarely. our daily walk around the block (1-2 miles) hardly does him justice. i feel like i was given a porsche and just toddle to the store and back again in it. hes okay with just the odd hike but he THRIVES on action. he loved agility, delighted in nose work.... and i just dont do much with him.
Oh I see what you mean now. So does he like toys? Maybe on top of the walks he could do with games and puzzles to solve. Mental stimulation is just as important and it tires them out more! Or maybe there's higher intensity exercise he could benefit from? Like hydrotherapy/swimming which burns much more energy than walking.
@millymojo1, hahaha love that! My brother's dog did that the first time I took her for a walk, I had no idea she did that and I was so shocked, she just plopped flat into a big muddy puddle in the woods!! Haha!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back