The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

BBC puppy prog

deegee

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Don't know if people are watching this (next episode on Sunday I think) but though I found it responsible in many ways- anti-puppy-farming etc - was sad it seemed to concentrate so much on pedigree dogs. And while it did try to encourage the right breed for each family it said almost nothing about dog health. It skated over the problems that many pug's have just breathing for goodness sake with don't let it get too hot!.And OK tell people about how much a dog costs to keep but a lot of people won't understand you might have your Great Dane only half as long as your cockerpoo. Also important.

Yes I do agree. Hopefully will be addressed in later programmes?

Of course, technically, the Cockerpoo is a cross breed.

One bit that made me cringe was when the people trialling the cockerpoo took it out and let it off lead!!! The poor dog had only known the family for a few minutes. Of course it disappeared into the distance, the film was cut, and the next thing you see is that they have it back and on lead again. No mention of the error about letting a new dog off lead before it has bonded. No hint of how long it took to retrieve the dog and the anxiety involved while it was missing.

This is the trouble with filming dog behaviour. The editor puts most of the important stuff on the cutting room floor.

I agree. Such a missed opportunity to give dogs and their owners a better chance of living safely and happily ever after. The letting the cockerpoo off was possibly one of the most irresponsible messages. Certainly hope they make amends in the next.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back