The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

BBC Television

kipper fluke

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Why would you recommend/promote the sport of whippet racing?

We think it is a good and healthy sport that all the family can be involved with.

Promotes good/caring relationships/routines between pets and children.

Informative-diet/exercise needs.

BBC television are coming to our house tomorrow to start filming Harry/dogs and will be finishing off one weekend to film the track/racing/training etc...due to lack of light available these winter evenings.

Only sensible and clean suggestions please. ;)

I told you we had a star in harry ..well done harry hope it all goes well for you.

Just thought of another Neil, whippet racing allows you to win friends and influence people. LOL :clown:

Karen

:p you get 2 go travelling like a gypsy all over the country in your tent in the great outdoors. It makes sure you get enough exersize as im sure Harry will vouch 4 when he is training the dogs 4 a big race. Last but not least u get 2 meet like minded people all there 4 the same reason 2 enjoy the buzz of racing your dog. Oh and the social aspects not bad either :cheers:

keeping a working class sport /pastime going in these ever changing times

:D EVERYBODY GETS ON WELL WITH EACH OTHER 8) ,THERS NO BACKSTABING :p NOBODY EVER ACCUSES ANOTHER DOG OF BEING ON SOMTHING WHEN WINNING :oops: ,WE DON"T FALL OUT WITH EACH OTHER, :p EVERYONE JUST AS A MARVELOUS TIME WHIPPET RACING,CAN"t WAIT TO GET THE NEW SEASON UNDER WAY :cheers: :oops: :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
We like the racing as it's a family hobby. Our 2 kid's will be getting involved more with the dog's and maybe racing their own soon. We like the weekend's away in the caravan most as it's little holiday's for us and if the dog's don't win, it does not matter as we have a great time. We have also met some very nice people who we now consider as friend's who can cheer us up when we have a run of bad luck. We are looking forward to the first weekend away for our first little holiday this year.

Susan & John

:p If ur lucky enuf 3 win u might get a trophy or a jacket or dog food and a little bit of cash. ;) People write about u in a whippet mag. :D Good luck with the interview harry. Is it gonna b shown on bbc t.v.? :thumbsup: p.s. it is also a holiday 4 me every time we go away 2 scotland etc.

who's doing all the hovering for film crew ...harry?

:) hi was just wondering how the bbc interview went? ;) When is it gonna b on t.v.? ;)

I did all the hoovering Dee, even came home from work during my lunch-hour to make sure that Steve had kept the house reasonably tidy as I knew that the BBC would be already at the house when I came home from work that evening.

Sherry-the filming went well we think! Harry was on his own being filmed in different rooms alot of the time!! :b

We don't know when it will be on yet as the filming is not finished yet-he's coming back soon to film outside on the Lancaster track/training/racing etc.

A very pleasant cameraman-quite dishy also! only 25 years old and single, Laura and her friend looked interested anyhow.

He had a very laid back manner about him and he talked in an appropriate manner to Harry which I suppose matters alot when your only 14 years old and a bit nervous, could be quite an intimidating experience for most kids that age.

The cameraman was also relaxed around the dogs, his filming style seems to have a different slant on that of Michelle May's report -(Granada) -2 years ago.

Karen

If the film is not shown in Scotland, Please Tape a copy for us :) . Get Harry to shout (Wee Man) and Robbie will watch it too :p .

WELL DONE HARRY WE ARE ALL PROUD OF YOU .. :thumbsup:

Hi there DEE Curry's have an offer on dyson-cleaners should you ever have the BBC round and i dont mean Crime-Whatch -UK .steve!! :lol:

you cheeky minger !

BBC are coming back in the morning-bright and early to finish the filming they started earlier. It's going to be outside this time at the track and roundabouts.

Hoover's going to need a new belt soon. :lol:

Karen

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back