The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bedlingtons in somerset

Darkling

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Hi folks.. does anyone know of a good bedlington breeder in somerset , or rest of south west, and what is the general opinion of them as a family pet. I'm whippet-fanatic but my son's family have decided they are interested in the beddi so I 'm trying to help them with some good advice. thank you in advance!

We had a pedigree bedlington some yrs ago.He was one of my fav.ever dogs,But,we had a lot of trouble too,the hunting instinct was very high,he was a real killing machine,& would go down rabbit holes,go after foxes,squirrels,& killed two cats ( they were in our garden ) but I don't want to put you off,because he was a great dog in lots of other ways.

I've currently got a young beddy x whippet,might be worth considering seeing as you like whippets,get a rough coated one as they're very hardy,I will be getting another one for sure.

Here's a link to breeders,there's one in Exeter

http://www.bedlingtons.org.uk

You have to click on breeders,left hand side

Johnniepk talking some sence, i like beddies but far better with a bit of x whip through them..

Have a look on Champdogsforum they were really helpful!

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back