The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Bees And Wasps Stinging Dogs

hellybobs

I Love my Girls
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Inca is allergic to wasp and bee stings and I've had a couple of near misses with her over the last couple of years.

I have a injection to give her if she gets stung again and good old piriton untill I can get her to the vet...I usually have 20 minutes before she goes into full blown shock and unconciousness.

The problem I'm having at the moment is...with it been so hot out, I've got all the windows and doors open and the little blighters keep coming in.

And Inca been a natural chaser likes to try and catch them, I feel like I'm banging my head against a brick wall.

Does anyone have any suggestion of how to stop them coming in?

try pure tee tree oil around all open windows and doors, its a natural insect repellant ( including fleas!)

Thanks for that...I'll have to get some from work tomorrow and give it a go.,

your welcome love, happy to help :))

Do bunches of mint in pots on the window sills help with wasps etc, or is it just with flies?

edited to add this link, the wasp trap is supposed to be quie effective at reducing wasp populations... http://www.eartheasy.com/live_natwasp_control.htm

Last edited by a moderator:
oh wow helen that water trap is a great idea! im gonna give that a go myself cos ive got a real phobia of them :blink:

Thanks for that Helen, I'm going to try the pop bottle catcher and see what happens :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back