The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

"Behind the traps please"

RealMadYid

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
Today at Warwick I was told after loading my dog to "stand behind the traps", but, in other races this didn't seem the case...Is this a rule, or just advice?

Please can someone confirm...

Paul

:( IT IS A RULE IN BWRA & NWRF RACING,BUT LIKE YOU SAID IT IS NOT APPLYIED TO ALL RACERS. :D ??? ???

Yeah, reckon you're right Neil, just reckon it upsets other dogs rather than helping their own dogs...a shame really...but I didn't happen in my race...so, I can't complain, but I might if it does :)

Laters...

as our freind neil said it is a rule but i can see the point if you have a dog that is a boit nervey of people shout it could put him off and then you could say rerun but i dont think so lol so its a good rule for all to stand behind the traps as the dogs should know whats coming without the shouting at them ;)

Yes Paul, some were in front of the traps but seemed to think that was ok because they had climbed over the fence.

Perhaps there should be a general rule about conduct around the trapping area with regard to noises etc.... and the effects this can have on other peoples dogs.

I'm taking a tambourine next time and Steve's taking a big bass drum, perhaps you could bring your trumpet Tony. :D

This is something that's always got my back up, the comotion & waving of things in front of the traps is a joke.

I find it more annoying on the straights then the bends.....but some people get away with it so they carry on doing it.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back