The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Belvoir Country Fair

mao

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
If anyone is going to Belvoir tomorrow to race I advise you to ring first as racing was cancelled today due cracks and holes in the running area, the showing was still on. Simulated coursing definitely dodgy.

had a call tonight and they said it was on but doubting if sim was going to go ahead, may change the racing track area, long trip for me so will check 1st anyway thanks :thumbsup:

Hopefully they have found another area completely the cracks were mainly down one side but the holes looked as though they had been made by fence posts so were fairly deep. Maybe they'll fill them with sand. Good luck if you go.

Just had a phone call from Stormydog. Unfortunately, he'd driven down last night for today's racing and whilst on the motorway he got hit from behind by a drunk driver who came up behind him at top speed. :rant: Police breathalised and arrested the idiot on the spot and thankfully both John and the dogs are ok, although his car has been damaged. :(

He finally got to Belvoir but of course the racing's been cancelled. :(

Apparently there's been a fair bit of rain tonight so hopefully the ground will be of better form tomorrow. :luck:

Really sorry you've had such a cr@p day John, hope you and the dogs are ok and tomorrows a better day for you all. :luck:

Jac :huggles:

Oooo nasty. Glad to read that you and the dogs are okay John. Hope that the car isn't too badly damaged.

Hope that tomorrow is a much better day for you.

BeeJay said:
Oooo nasty.  Glad to read that you and the dogs are okay John.  Hope that the car isn't too badly damaged.

:* Well last night he reckoned it would cost about 2 grand to fix, but that was just after the crash had happened, whilst he was waiting for the police to arrive to remove the scrote :rant: who'd done it. Perhaps things wont be as bad, but its given John the excuse to go look at another equally tarty car to buy!!! :- "

Least him and the boys were unscathed :huggles:

peony said:
BeeJay said:
Oooo nasty.  Glad to read that you and the dogs are okay John.  Hope that the car isn't too badly damaged.

:* Well last night he reckoned it would cost about 2 grand to fix, but that was just after the crash had happened, whilst he was waiting for the police to arrive to remove the scrote :rant: who'd done it. Perhaps things wont be as bad, but its given John the excuse to go look at another equally tarty car to buy!!! :- "

Least him and the boys were unscathed :huggles:

Hmm let me think. John & tarty car, John & tarty car, John & tarty car.

Yep sounds right. :lol: BTW was he shouting about it? :lol:

so glad to here no one was hurt in the accident,how annoying though travelling a long distance to race and turns out its cancelled.The course should have been checked days ago and then it could have saved alot of people alot of money especially knowing that lurcherworld officials have access to the computor and are regular posters on alot of forums.i suppose it is worth ringing before you set off to go to a show to make sure.

hope you get the car sorted.

john and the dogs were in fine stormy style today, glad to see no one was hurt and dogs came out unscathed, we both got placings in the showing too , he was pleased to hear so many were thinking of him :thumbsup:

:angry: I agree with Sable ................................I think its awful that the racing was cancelled; at the end of the day though, no one wants to risk damage to their dogs, BUT surely the organisers were aware a while ago that the ground would be unsuitable?? :blink:

Think about the number of equestrian events there are across the country each year and how the organisers aerate and water areas which were hazardous......... Im sure that the area needed for the racing could easily have been treated and prepared as necessary. I can understand the frustration John and others in his position must have felt :rant:

And yes Barb, he was VERY vocal (w00t)

They looked at it Sat am when we were there and decided not to run. Whether it was the 1st time they had looked at it I dont know. We checked the area as soon as we got there and decided not to run. It's a shame that people only found out when they arrived.

peony said:
And yes Barb, he was VERY vocal  (w00t)
Well I'm just so shocked and surprised at that. [SIZE=21pt]NOT[/SIZE] :thumbsup: (w00t)

Nah having gone through all of that I'm not surprised. I think that I'd have been rather vocal too.

Tanya I can't even begin to imagine what Stormystyle is. (w00t) Which is probably as well as my constitution most likely couldn't cope. :lol:

you will have to experience it barb! lol! (w00t) (w00t)

could be described as one of lifes "characters?" !!!!!!! :- "

Can i just give a brief synopsis of the weekends events...?

what an advert for not using a dog trailer that was ! :sweating: When the stupid cockhead came flying up behind me all i could think of was my dogs in the boot of my car...luckily a cougar.. tho a coupe, has ample space when the back seat is dropped forward so the dogs were thankfully "forward" in the back.

if i hadve been using tailer they were dead dogs !

The drunk-driver was ermmm man-handled back into his car for his own good as he almost waddled onto m1 ! didnt want blood on my side windows :- "

Re-"BELVOIR CASTLE" - How diasappointinmg when youve drove 320 miles in 33c take a shunt up yer "car arse" arrive at the game fair next day then find racing was cancelled. I must add that the descision to cancel was the correct one given the condition of the field allocated to LURCHERWORLD.

Carole and Tom brannon were brave in the action they took by cancelling race and i know were more than disappointed in having to do so.

SHAME ON THE "BELVOIR CASTLE GROUND STAFF" AND WHOEVER ELSE WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR TAKING OUT POSTS ETC AND NOT FILLING IN THE HOLES LEFT ! :rant: :rant: Cracks in ground are to be expected in summer heat..holes that i can put my arm into upto my elbows are not !!

As usual the "hoi polloi" (lurcher people) have to make do with what ground has been begrudgeingly given to them !!

"BELVOIR CASTLE....STICK IT UP YER ARSE !! "

j :rant: hn

Last edited by a moderator:
stormydog said:
Can i just give a brief synopsis of the weekends events...?what an advert for not using a dog trailer that was !  :sweating:   When the stupid cockhead came flying up behind me all i could think of was my dogs in the boot of my car...luckily a cougar.. tho a coupe,  has ample space when the back seat is dropped forward so the dogs were thankfully "forward" in the back.

if i hadve been  using tailer they were dead dogs !

The drunk-driver  was ermmm man-handled back into his car for his own good as he almost waddled onto m1 ! didnt want blood on my side windows :- "

Re-"BELVOIR  CASTLE" - How diasappointinmg when youve drove 320 miles in 33c  take a shunt up yer "car arse" arrive at the game fair next day  then find racing was cancelled. I must add that the descision to cancel was the correct one given the condition of the field allocated to LURCHERWORLD.

Carole and Tom brannon were brave in the action they took by cancelling race and i know were more than disappointed in having to do so.

SHAME ON THE "BELVOIR CASTLE GROUND STAFF" AND WHOEVER ELSE WAS RESPONSIBLE FOR TAKING OUT POSTS ETC AND NOT FILLING IN THE HOLES LEFT !  :rant:   :rant:   Cracks in ground are to be expected in summer heat..holes that i can put my arm into upto my elbows are not !!

As usual the "hoi polloi" (lurcher people)  have to make do with what ground has been begrudgeingly given to them !!

"BELVOIR CASTLE....STICK IT UP YER ARSE !! "

j :rant: hn

IMO the ground should have been checked at least 2 weeks before stormy not on the morning of racing. It was the same at chatsworth one year and racing still took place (apart from my dog of course). It's about time show organisers got things sorted especally when people have travelled from Ireland to compete.

Glad to hear you and the dogs are ok shame about the racing

I agree Tom & Carol were right most definitely but I think other Lurcherworld organisers were there a few days before & surely couldn't have failed to see the holes & maybe something could have been done about them.

Well I think its down the the organisers of the whole event ................ they should have appointed people to manage various areas of the event and THEY should have made sure the track was suitable. Its hardly rocket science is it ? There is no excuse for letting people down at all, but the only saving grace is the fact that by NOT running the competition, no dogs were injured.

All you disgruntled ( word of the day ) people out there will have to make sure that when you DO compete with your dogs on perfect going, that you thank the organisers of the event and show appreciation when its due. :thumbsup:

Oh and before I sign off, can i just say to Stormydog, that in the absence of Lady Barb of Moderatorsville, could he please refrain from using the word ARSE and perhaps consider inserting BACK BOTTOM instead?????????? (w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back