The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Best Of 2009

Vicky

Maid Your Point
Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
We had this last year here

Let's see what folk have to say about 2009.

Best bend race

Sween in the lightweight final of the NNWRF Bend Champs, making light work of passing 4 good bitches, excellent to watch.

Best straight race

Anything which results in a close race - two memorable ones for me are the Worcester Weekend Dog Final with Billy Casper just missing out on the line after giving massive start away, nothing splitting all three dogs, inc He's the Pitts & More or Less and the BWRA puppy champs, bitch final with Anagram (31lb) powering up to just be beat by the 16lber on the line.

Best bend event

Highgate Bend Derby! Just an enjoyable day out, well organised, good racing & great atmosphere.

Best straight event

Either BWRA straight champs or Notts & Derby club open.

Best atmosphere bend/straight

Scottish Derby, can't beat it.

Most improved dog/bitch/scr

Roger the Dodger

Best dog

Kentucky when he's been injury free, hope he has a better year in 2010

Best bitch

Insane Jane, haven't seen her put in a bad race this year. Her run in the Scottish Derby final was amazing, nice to see a bigger dog get up (even though it meant passing us lol)

Best scr

Our Ebby, for consistency & versatility. Brilliant year for her & a very proud one for Pat & Bob.

Last edited by a moderator:
agree the best bend race sween in the lightweight run off at bend champs ( brilliant ) :D

best straight race was penny ( PRADA )bwra champs in her heat . :D

most improved dog again i will say prada she did'nt start racing untill may this year 18 month old :)

best bitch insane jane or weardale badger ;)

best dog kentucky :)

Dog No joe & Forever Autume

Bitch Pickpocket & Tinkers mill

Most Improved You Choose

best straight race inshalla beating kentucky at jan keeble

best bend race tinkersmill beating pick pocket at highgate great race

most inproved dog sween

best bitch tinkersmill

best dog forever autumn

dont follow bends but sween, and forever autumn

best bitch straights,my own rch flbaby,Scotland champs 20lb she was fantastic,nothing caught her :thumbsup:

bwra champs 5 weeks off with bad injury hadn't had a run upto the champs,won 20lb class imo the hardest class :thumbsup:

we got her back at 10month hadn't seen a track won supreme opens well happy,with our sky..other class bitches pickpocket,,indica,weardale badger,

tinkersmill,branco, curlin,little wilmer tralys girl cant spell it its di,s bitch the traveling she does,she well deserves it, my picks for top dogs no joe,rodger dodger my own bred blue eyed boy,winning sup at easington abainst class dogs,i wish you all a injury free 2010,cant wait to get started running..looking forward to watching some of these classy yearlings that finished 2009,see how they fair with the adults, oldies doriva foursale, and gaz n dees spirit of the stag fantastic achevements shes done a classy bitch :thumbsup:

Best bend race

Best straight race

Best bend event

Best straight event

Best atmosphere bend/straight

Most improved dog/bitch/scr

Best dog

Best bitch

Best scr

Make it easier to copy & paste.

best race foe me was kenny winnig 20 pound title bwra champs was never in danger ran a blinder and just to see himsmile and cry at the same time was great ;) no joe for dogs hardly beaten on straights :) bends forever autum ;) bitch tinkers and pick pocket :) both neck and neck all year scratch most improved roger the dodger also impressed with trawlanys girl best straight event scotland best bend fed champs :D

Best bend race........ BWRA champs 32lb bitch class when Burnt Sugar led all the way, but our Touch came back at her ,resulting in a photo finish :sweating:

Best straight race.....Like Vicky,I love the close finishes,but can't think of a specific one.

Best bend event.....Bwra champs

Best straight event......English Derby

Best atmosphere bend/straight......Scottish Derby(can't beat it)

Most improved dog/bitch/scr.......Mule Skinner (On the bends)

Best dog .........Sun up has been very impressive foe a young dog, think there's loads more to come from him

Best bitch........Pick pocket

Best scr..........Sugar Mouse(only lighly raced, but she's won all the big ones this year,never put a foot wrong)

Hazel

Best bend race -For me Pick Pocket and Tinkersmill at the fed bend champs both bitches top class

Best straight race - Scottish Derby final with Insane Jane getting up in the final strides. On a personal note Cara taking sup at worcester

Best bend event - Bwra Bend Champs

Best straight event - Scottish Derby Class event and great camping with great company

Best atmosphere bend/straight - BWRA straights

Most improved dog/bitch/scr - Sween,Forever Autumn,

Best dog - Kentucky a class act

Best bitch - Insane jane / Pick pocket both have been outstanding this year

Best scr Sugar mouse when she is out you know she is bang on and is the dog to beat

Best bend race - dont really bother much but some of the champs races were good

Best straight race - theres always good races on the straights in nearly every event haha

Best bend event - champs

Best straight event - kilkaldy, aryshire and southport was good aswell

Best atmosphere bend/straight aryshire playing darts n pool

Most improved dog/bitch/scr, lennys legs seems to be doign really well on the bends, indica has come back really well after scotland, no joe has run his heart out, as ya like has done really well and im pleased with our roger this year compared to last year.

Best dog in my eyes no joe shud b gurd seeing him nxt year

Best bitch pick pocket

Best scr freddy has done well this year

all dogs have done well this year well done :D 8)

kate x

Best bend race Sun up and Wor Black Taking there Titles at fed champs Sween Supreme Frist time iv seen this bitch brill

Best straight race My little bitch Miss Gracie winning bitch pup so shocked. Tinkersmill winning Supreme at Fed Champs well pleased for john & pat BWRA Bitch final Mocara ran brill.

Best bend event Only been to Fed Champs

Best straight event Barley lands Thurrocks weekend and Fordingbridge

Best atmosphere bend/straight as above

Most improved dog/bitch/scr Sun up and Candymill

Best dog Blue Reflections ran brill for old dog and Forever Autumn

Best bitch Tinkersmill and Pick pocket

Best scr

Just gonna list some of the dogs i've been impressed with.In no particular order

Dogs:

Cobain,Blue Eyed Boy,You Choose,Cracked the Spell,No Joe,Forever Autumn,Sun Up,Sween,Billy Casper

Bitches:

Insane Jane,Inshalla,Pick Pocket,Tinkersmill,Fly Baby

Scratch:

Our Ebby,Sugarmouse,Bigland Bailey,Little Wilma,Freddies Melody,Roger The Dodger(Most Improved dog of the year for me)and Trelawneys Girl.

Vets:

Scooby Dont,For Sale,Dodgy Chaser

Best race for me personally was our Harv,taking Supreme at Fed Champs

best bend race , tinkersmill and pick pocket

best straight race ,fly baby 20 pound final

best bend event fed champs and bwra champs

best straight event east ayshire weekend and scotish derby

best atmosphere fed champs and bwra champs

most improved dog bitch and scratch dog crackelle bitch sween scratch roger the dodger

best bitch tinkersmill bends and straights pickpocket bends

best dog no joe

best scratch our ebby

to be fair i think theres been so many good events and some crackin dogs maybe top 3 in each group would be better its a good topic ;)

south yorks bend open, sealed it for pick pocket, with kennel mate lennys legs taking the dogs :thumbsup:

first open at north nots?lindas track, rodger the doger coming back to beat baghera when she came past thought rodger was beat,but he dug in and

won :thumbsup:

south yorks great meeting,highgate alway has a great atmosphere :thumbsup:

scotish champs and derby, roddy took supreme vet and won the custi trophy which is his line, really special win :thumbsup:

owt at highgate always great atmosphere as scotish derby.

lennys legs, prada, rodger the dodger//little wilma ,prada must take it a natural straight in the adults (w00t) :luck:

tinkers mill straights lightning finish, pick pocket bends :thumbsup:

forever autume, u choose impressive will take some beating next year :thumbsup:

steves little wilma really got wound up back half of the year , our ebby consistantly good, rodger the dodger flying :luck:

south yorks bend open, sealed it for pick pocket, with kennel mate lennys legs taking the dogs :thumbsup:

first open at north nots?lindas track, rodger the doger coming back to beat baghera when she came past thought rodger was beat,but he dug in and

won :thumbsup:

south yorks great meeting,highgate alway has a great atmosphere :thumbsup:

scotish champs and derby, roddy took supreme vet and won the custi trophy which is his line, really special win :thumbsup:

owt at highgate always great atmosphere as scotish derby.

lennys legs, prada, rodger the dodger//little wilma ,prada must take it a natural straight in the adults (w00t) :luck:

tinkers mill straights lightning finish, pick pocket bends :thumbsup:

forever autume, u choose impressive will take some beating next year :thumbsup:

steves little wilma really got wound up back half of the year , our ebby consistantly good, rodger the dodger flying :luck:

if pick personal ones dave id say mine was spirit of the stag taking sup vet at scotish derby ;)

i think there,s too many,,,to choice,,,,,

in one hand u have the dog that go to alot off opens ,champs and derby,s etc

and on the other hand u have dogs that arent given the opputunity

up here in scotland for 2009,,,,dogs that ran well ,,,,,,,where----- sween / soot r root / almost bobs / snow white / insane jane / geordie,s worst nightmare / sugar rush / silver spark e.t.c

couple off dog,s that were out off action this year were ,,,no biddys fool & connors ranger,,,too many injurys but when ran at club ran well

my highlight this year was,,,no joe and my own dog g,w,n racing,,,,at ary and kirkcaldy,,,,,brillant racing between both,,and forever autuam,,,,love every momment ,,as thats whats it,s all about,,,dogs metting in there weight class and battling it out brillant :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back