The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join Dog Forum to Discuss Breeds, Training, Food and More

Best tip for a healthy dog?

rob160117

Registered
Reaction score

Join our free community today.

Connect with other like-minded dog lovers!

Login or Register
What is the best piece of advice you've seen / received on keeping your dog fit and healthy?

I've been reading this guide to a healthy dog, which is full of tips on how to keep your dog healthy - such as spotting obesity, diet and walking - and it has got me thinking about the above. Also it says that vets encourage weighing out of pet food - is this something you do at home?

The biggest takeout of the guide for me was the tip to not weigh them too late in an evening - not something I'd really considered before.

What's the best piece of advice you've ever received?

Last edited by a moderator:
Apart from being very careful where to get a dog the best advice I had was from my dad many years ago, be careful they never put to much weight on. As to weighing their food I've never done this, just look critically at your dog and adjust feeding accordingly. Weight is a balance between exercise and food. For example my Whippet, when she is doing quite a bit of racing she needs more food to keep to her correct weight than when their is less racing.

Disease prevention. Prompt veterinary attention for a sick dog. Observation of behaviour to pick up on the start of an illness. High quality nutrition fed at the right amount for each individual dog. Understanding each dog's needs from an emotional point of view. Exercise according to age, breed and condition.

Welcome to Dog Forum!

Join our vibrant online community dedicated to all things canine. Whether you're a seasoned owner or new to the world of dogs, our forum is your go-to hub for sharing stories, seeking advice, and connecting with fellow dog lovers. From training tips to health concerns, we cover it all. Register now and unleash the full potential of your dog-loving experience!

Login or Register
Back